News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tailgaters Start Here, then Branch Out

Started by jimv, September 14, 2009, 11:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Jim

Damn old timer. 77 has got me by a few years as I am a young 63.

But the body feels 77.

You automatically go to the top or near top of the list here. One other poster, Giantfan67, Tom Reed, is about your age also. But, of course, we have Painter, who, in a time before we were all born, was painting Methusula's  portrait.

Anyone who puts Tom Landry as one of the all time great Giants DB's is OLD. =)) =))

Just for others sake, Jim put up a great thread in our History forum of the all time greatest Giants. Please jump over there and add your input.

I never knew Tom Landry ever played the game, I thought he was always a coach.  :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

RemembersHuff

Happy birthday, Jim!  <:-P

A big welcome to you and all the Tailgaters, too.

chiller99

Best wishes Jim and that huge gust of wind was an exhale of relief from Lenn knowing he wont be the butt of all age jokes !  Happy Birthday and many more to my newest friend

MightyGiants

Happy Birthday JimV and welcome all Tailgaters! :ok:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

state_property

This game promises to be a good one.  I think the key for the Giants is to control the LOS and keep their offense in alot of 2nd or 3rd and longs.  Our pass rush has to get to Romo to force his reads to be alot quicker (like no more than 2 reads).  This will limit the damage he can do and reduce the liabilities we have to our defensive backfield.  I agree with a few of you here...CC Brown is our 2009 Butler.  :Faint:  Our backfield will be fine once we get Phillips, Dockery and Ross back on the field.

I would prefer we dont get into a shoot-out wirth Dallas...but rather keep the chains moving on those 5-8 min drives and pound the defense with a heavy dose of BJ.  I know Dallas will stack the box and make Eli throw more...but I think they will get away from it alot quicker once they realize our passing game will resemble the Washington game.

LennG

Welcome aboard State_

You've got it right on, run the hell out of the ball, short passes and just keep the chains moving. No matter how good or bad the Cowpukes are, they are still a dangerous offensive team and can score from anywhere on the field. Wear their defense down, put some pressure on Romo, and control the clock. With a supposedly 100,000 people in attendance, and not many Giants fans, we need to close the door ASAP, take the crowd out of the game, and be methodical on offense. Our defense just needs not to give up the big play, and we will be fine.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jaime

Hi guys, I'm one of the Tailgaters that moved over here. Still feels weird, here goes...

I believe the tilt vs. the girls Sun. will hinge on our ability to contain/pressure Romo. If we allow him to make plays with his feet, he'll expose our soft underbelly. Chase, AP, & Clark should be be stout vs. run, but it's space where they are vulnerable. Boley is still a week away, & still has yet to come up to speed on our D.

We sure picked the wrong week to show up with a walkin' wounded Secondary. This will put even more pressure on our DL to carry the day. That magnificent DL rotation that Sheridan unveiled should be just what we need for what ails yah. Girls OL will have their hands full, & then some.

Tynes has looked solid thus far, as has his new snapper Deossie. He's got that predictable "Draw" workin'. He's shown plenty of leg on FG's, & KO's have been okay. Suspect he'll be involved in the margin of victory.

Alot of heat has been directed towards Gilbride this week & rightfully so. Red/green zone with 3rd & short play callin' continues to be abysmal. Where the heck is the stuff he had durin' the Playoff SB run?
I'm a nobody & I can see what's wrong & how to fix it.
Creativity has to replace predictability.
We have alot more talent on O than we are showin' in tight spots. It's gotta change, NOW ALREADY!

bamagiantfan

Welcome Jaime!

I can't add much to you synopsis. Poke arround and repond to threads you like.

By the way, Joeker has been looking for you.  8))

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Jaime

Thanks bama. Alot to chose from, still gettin' acclimated.
Joeker where for art thou?

LennG

Yes, welcome aboard Jaime. welcome to our little corner of the internet. Look around and just condiser yourself among friend here. Stay on the sidelines for a while, or jump right in, your thoughts and opinions are always respected here.

PS  I like you already  Gilbride, I love it. Watch out though, there are some here who still think well of him and his play calls.  :what: :what: :what:

Charlie Weiss

jimv

THANKS for the best wishes, guys!  We've got a good bunch of guys coming over from the TAILGATE.  jaime & state are really good guys.  We already have the Chief, Stu & joeker.  I've got to get eli10 on here as well as boogie, Chris, resiliency & others I can't remember because I'm having a "senior moment."  Is that OK, Lenn?

BTW, about the game.  The 'Skins were consistently hitting the passes over the top of the LBers.  I'm looking for Witten to have a HUGE day.  I'm getting a little concerned over the DB injuries & also a new injury for Canty.

LennG

Jim

Age before good looks, or something like that.

Look at what all you fellow BBhers have done, now you got the new guy picking on me.  ~X( ~X( ~X(

Charlie Weiss

Joeker

Jaime!!!!!  Glad you could make it man!!  And welcome aboard State!!  We're slowly getting the gang to migrate over.  These guys make good posts, I can really see this merger as a force multiplier (i.e. better than the sum of it's parts)!!!!  I overheard the one Dallas fan in my office today expressing his fears that they may just lose this game.  I think the underlying fear among cowpaddy fans is if Tampa could run all over them, what will the Giants be able to do?
Long live the Tailgate Club!!!

Jaime

Joeker, hey man! Right back @ u. Startin' to catch the drift here.
Tampa is a six win Team. They looked just awfull in Pre. Girls should fear the run is right.
So much want to stomp the girls for what should be a memorable nite.

State, agree re; shoot out. Doesn't play to our strong suit.
C.C. concerns me. He'll see alot of snaps & the leather will be flyin'. That soft effort he showed on that post TD toss can't be duplicated.

jimv

Matt says he's thinking it over.  I asked him come on over.  Maybe you guys could give a try.  I sure wish we could get Chris to change his mind.  And, I continue to wotrk on eli10.