News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Summer Training Camp Barbecue - Attendance & Shopping List

Started by G-Girl, June 14, 2010, 10:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster Dan

If any of you involved in the planning or attending the BBQ has a paypal account (address) please email it ot me at Dkerv@aol.com

Fladan

TuckerF

Any recommendations for hotels nearby?  My wife may want to accompany me and spend Fri/Sat around Albany
That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

vette5573

I've stayed at the Marriott Courtyard, Residence Inn and SpringHill Suites. They were pretty good and I use my points for the stay.

The patrons at TownPlace Suites can bring pets, but they get lazy and the scent of urine on the carpets is a turnoff.

There are Fairfield Inns too.

There are a couple of Best Westerns that many here have stayed at and were happy.

Try to stay near the campus.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=hotels+in+Albant+NY&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

vette5573

Cyndi and Dave,

I have booked a Hotel for Friday and Saturday night. There is a 75/25 outlook that I can make it and i will know better the weeks before. I'm just hesitant to commit to anything on the list in case work obligations keep me from coming. If I can make it, it will be Linda and I only.

I'm sorry I can't nail this down for you Cyndi and Dave. I know how everything falls last minute for this and makes the planning difficult.

I tacked up the last two year's BBQ info and recap on the Archive Board. You may want to take note on the comments about more Charcoal and Charcoal Grills, depending on the amount of people and the amount and variety of food.

For those of you that have never attended one of these events,

I can say without hesitation that you will really enjoy spending the day with some of the finest folks I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I have brought my family many times to these BBQ's and Dinners. They all had a great time. I have formed what will be lifetime friendships. If you're on the fence, keep what I say in mind.

If you can plan to come that weekend, please try to get your name up here and pick an item or a few as soon as possible, so that Cyndi can nail down all the details. There will be a lot of adjusting of inventory items if there are 16 members rather than 50.

I hope I can make it again this year and would really enjoy meeting some new Members as well as seeing my friends again. Especially those friends I haven't seen in years.

Ed

terrymeisner

jerry....the best western is within walking distance to the practice fields and is also very close to the crossgates mall , if your wife is into shopping while you are at practice

you can also probably get a "bbi" rate if you ask.....hope johnston used to let bbwc board members use their group rate but she passed away last year....i am sure they wouldn't mind, as the more rooms they book it is easier for them to continue their block booking

Best Western Sovereign Hotel
1228 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203
Hotel Phone: 518-489-2981

Bill Brown

G-Girl... I will throw a bag of charcoal in the truck too.  Tucker... a couple of old farts are staying at the Best Western.  I stayed there a few years ago and it was good.  You can walk to the practice fields.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!!

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

I'll be arriving Thursday and leaving Tuesday.  So tell me what you are going to need me to bring.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Shoelessjoe

I will be coming but I'm not sure if my wife will be.  I will bring the Turkey and Veggie burgers along with a vegtable platter.  If I can fit my small Weber grill in my car then I will bring it along with a bag of charcoal. 

murderhill

I'm coming.  My wife is going to Shanghai, China on the 5th to see number one son and two grandsons so it will be just me.  Hoping for a bike ride down through the Adirondacks.  It will take me five hours or so.  Maybe I will come down on the 6th and camp out somewhere close.  I will bring the following:
Plates
Napkins
Paper / Plastic Tablecloths (5)
Plastic Utensils
Hand Sanitizer
Plastic Wrap
Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
It's all stuff I could carry on the bike without much trouble.

Suburbanites II

I will be attending, probably will have my two boys with me (12&6). I'll bring bags of potato chips, pretzels, popcorn, that sort of stuff.

President Rick

there is an inexpensive but ok days inn and a more pricy hampton inn [easy walk across the street fron suny] or HIexpress on western and a reasonable hilton garden inn on washington as well.  we're trying the garden inn this year because the ladies want a pool.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

squibber

Put me down for wine.  I'll stomp the grapes myself.

Anyone have a preference?

babywhales

Quote from: squibber on July 15, 2010, 10:31:00 AM
Put me down for wine.  I'll stomp the grapes myself.

Anyone have a preference?

I nice pinot grigio during the summer would be nice for a BBQ
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

jimv

I'm already down for Shipyard Ale and I offered to bring paper goods.  Whast do you need?

Hey, squib, are you gonna wear your socks when you stomp the grapes? =)) =)) =))

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE