News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Eli Manning appreciation thread

Started by Dsoffer, September 17, 2019, 10:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

MightyGiants

Dan Salomone  @NYGsalomone
On the #NFL
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

StompYouOT

I love Eli and think he's irreplaceable basically.  I wish Jones success, but have my doubts.  However he is the right choice NOW to see if he can do it in the future.  I also can't pin this on Eli. 

But I will say THANK YOU for my best ever football memories by far - I never thought it would be so fun to be a Giants fan.  And remember, 2 of the greatest catches in NFL history came from Eli.

Thank you for making us bELIeve.  Enjoy your family.

ozzie

You guys have said it all, I can only echo the sentiment and say with all sincerity,

Thank you, Eli. You are a true Giant!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Ed Vette

There is no doubt that Eli Manning will be the most loved NY Giant of all time. There will be fans who will be buried in his Jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: jimv on September 17, 2019, 11:18:17 AM
zeph, I couldn't have said it better than you just did.  And, London, you said it just as well.

Back in July I bought tickets for yesterday's game because I wanted see Eli live before it was over.  Looks like I made the right choice for a game. :( :(
Yes you did Jim and you are one of his great fans. If you can find the energy to come to the Washington Game to see Jones first home start at the Meadowlands, I have the steak. I just bought an entire Filet Mignon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

tomeee

Great thread. =D> =D> =D>

Great responses. =D> =D> =D>

I'm not going to like every response but do like them all.

Thank You Eli for all your years of service.

nygnts4ever

Glad, but certainly sad today.  We have GREAT memories....thanks #10.
Kevin Karcher

"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants."

Isaac Newton

gregf

No season will ever be better than beating the undefeated Pat's. The Tyree catch, the frozen Tundra, and the 2011 championship game Eli willed us to a win are incredible moments. I couldn't respect a sports figure more for the man he is, couldn't enjoy the great moments any better. Will always be one of my all time favorites. Thank you Eli!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alanccrx

Quote from: AP44 on September 17, 2019, 11:02:12 AM
Greatest Giants I ever watched play. Not as talented as Taylor or even Strahan, but no one represented the uniform better.

The ending of his career is just shameful on Reese, Ross, Mara, and McAdoo.
Lets not give Coach Shurmur a pass on this one... He bears a whole lot of responsibility in this mess...He is a loser not Eli...

XNYrnLA

Eli, if this is an end, it was a great run. Only regret is that you didn
"" This team is now 3 players away from being a winning playoff team ""

JoeDonLooney

In the four biggest games of his career, he played his best games. He earned two Super Bowl MVPs but both NFC championship games were even better. In brutal conditions and hostile environments he played his best.

Painter

No one has ever played harder or with more class, or has ever represented his team, the city, and the NFL better than Eli Manning. Frankly, it is hard to imagine anyone other No. 10 calling signals for Big Blue. But he will be missed only in that sense because he is otherwise unforgettable, an icon, Our Hero.

Cheers!

LennG

Archie is a proud Dad to have raised 2 wonderful sons like Peyton and Eli. (yes I know there is another) who have gone on to greatness in the NFL. All we have left are the memories, which we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Thanks Eli. Sure there were times when I was pulling what little hair I have left, out of my head, during your time here, but, in fact, you brought me more great memories and those 2 playoff runs will always be cherished and remembered.

Just a memory of mine. During the 2007 season, I needed hip replacement surgery. I scheduled it for mid January 2008 as I felt the Giants would be eliminated for anything by then, but leave it to Mr. Clutch and you had us still going when I needed that surgery. I had the surgery on Thursday nite and everyone who walked by my bed was asked "If I will be hone by Sunday' for the game against the Packers. Everything went according to plan and I WAS home and able to watch that game in the comfort of my living room. Two weeks later, when you lofted that ball to Plax to win SB42, I jumped up out of my chair and had an immediate rush of pain in that hip that I though, oh no, I did something wrong, but I was OK and we were world Champions.
Next year I needed the other hip done, but I scheduled this one for early December. Too bad that one didn't work out as well.

anyway, you were Mr. Clutch and I will await the day you are inducted into the Giants ring of honor.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

AZGiantFan

Quote from: alanccrx on September 18, 2019, 01:09:52 PM
Lets not give Coach Shurmur a pass on this one... He bears a whole lot of responsibility in this mess...He is a loser not Eli...

Not what this thread is about.  Lots of other threads where this would be more appropriate.

Welcome to the board.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll