News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

@MightyGiants check out the one season, ten episode Messiah. It was ended because of what the network said was ratings but there were religious implications over it too. I saw a review that didn't like it but I thought it was very well done and the plot was building for more seasons to come. You and I liked The Pope so I thought you might enjoy this. You can binge in over a couple of days. Netflix
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I just started season three of Ted Lasso.   Lasso is a true feel-good show.  It's a pleasure to watch and leaves you feeling better.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: LennG on March 04, 2023, 07:09:07 PMI just finished '1923' and I liked it a lot. Overall it was extremely well done, with enough action and subplots to really hold your interest and just watching the main stars was worth the price of admission alone.
My only qualm is the way the darn thing ended. I can understand one cliffhanger, even 2 but they basically let you stew with the entire show with nothing resolved.

Stay tuned.
Yeah it irked me too, I was ready for the son to get there and see some vengeance lol.

Jclayton92

Started watching the night Agent because every show besides the mandalorian just had their season finale. Your honor, mayor of Kingstown, 1923, the last of us etc

The Night Agent on Netflix
While monitoring an emergency line, an FBI agent answers a call that plunges him into a deadly conspiracy involving a mole at the White House

The 1st episode had me hooked because I like thrillers and anything spy related.

Also watching HBO perry Mason season 2 and its better than season 1 by a lot.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 25, 2023, 11:36:02 AMStarted watching the night Agent because every show besides the mandalorian just had their season finale. Your honor, mayor of Kingstown, 1923, the last of us etc

The Night Agent on Netflix
While monitoring an emergency line, an FBI agent answers a call that plunges him into a deadly conspiracy involving a mole at the White House

The 1st episode had me hooked because I like thrillers and anything spy related.

Also watching HBO perry Mason season 2 and its better than season 1 by a lot.

Thanks for two heads up. I've been planning on watching Night Agent at some point, but have not heard any comments or seen any trailers. Also, I had no idea that Perry Mason series had released season two. I really enjoyed the first season. Out of curiosity, has the whole season of Perry Mason dropped, or is it that one episode each week?
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

I don't know if anyone has followed Outer Banks on Netflix, but I just finished the third season that dropped a few weeks ago. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. If you like treasure hunting stories combined with greed, murder, betrayal, scantily clad hot women, poor (Pogues) vs. rich (Kooks), and an incredible amount of gold, ending in the search for El Dorado (the lost city of gold), you'll probably like this show. Netflix has announced that they are doing a season 4. We got a hint of where it's going and now the search for Black Beard's buried treasure will highlight the upcoming season

It won the People's Choice Award for Best Series to Binge, as well as MTV's Best Movie and TV Award. If you watch it, keep an eye on Madelyn Cline (plays Sarah Cameron, daughter of wealthy Ward Cameron) who joins the Pogues (poor people) as she is an up-n-comer in future movies. She's not only hot, but and excellent actress...to me anyway

If you start in Season 1, it takes off pretty slow, but if you stick with it, it gets better and better until you can't stop watching it

Season 3 trailer

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 25, 2023, 11:44:11 AMThanks for two heads up. I've been planning on watching Night Agent at some point, but have not heard any comments or seen any trailers. Also, I had no idea that Perry Mason series had released season two. I really enjoyed the first season. Out of curiosity, has the whole season of Perry Mason dropped, or is it that one episode each week?
It is one episode every Monday night but this Monday will make it episode 4 so it's moving at a decent pace.

Jolly Blue Giant

Binge-watched Night Agent and I highly recommend the show to people who like thrillers with a good plot for a change

I tried to watch Yellowjackets because I was going to tell my granddaughter (she's on a soccer team that came in second in the state finals - lost 2-1) that she might like it. The plot is basically, a high school girls' soccer team ends up surviving a plane crash and live on an isolated island where they try to survive before being rescued. Sounded good. But I only watched the first 15 minutes and said, "no way" do I want my 15 yr old granddaughter watching this show. In only 15 minutes or so and thought I was going to vomit. It shows a little girl running through the woods in a nightgown, scared for her life. There is howling like wolves behind her. She runs straight into a trap (covered pit) where she is skewered with multiple spikes made of sharpened sticks. Cut to next scene; two teens laying in bed playing around, boy has hands down girl's pants. Cut to next scene; woman laying in bed climaxing with a vibrator. Cut back to the little girl who fell into the trap, she is now naked and hanging by feet from the air. Two guys dressed up like creepy wolves check her out before slicing her throat to bleed her out like an animal. In a magazine interview, one of the survivors asks the question, "which girl did you eat first?" I couldn't take it anymore. I understand "shock value" to get people to watch a show, but this started out so over the top that I can't watch it and I certainly cannot suggest my granddaughter watch it

On to Perry Mason season 2 when the Knicks or Yanks aren't playing, LOL

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 01, 2023, 11:24:40 AMBinge-watched Night Agent and I highly recommend the show to people who like thrillers with a good plot for a change

I tried to watch Yellowjackets because I was going to tell my granddaughter (she's on a soccer team that came in second in the state finals - lost 2-1) that she might like it. The plot is basically, a high school girls' soccer team ends up surviving a plane crash and live on an isolated island where they try to survive before being rescued. Sounded good. But I only watched the first 15 minutes and said, "no way" do I want my 15 yr old granddaughter watching this show. In only 15 minutes or so and thought I was going to vomit. It shows a little girl running through the woods in a nightgown, scared for her life. There is howling like wolves behind her. She runs straight into a trap (covered pit) where she is skewered with multiple spikes made of sharpened sticks. Cut to next scene; two teens laying in bed playing around, boy has hands down girl's pants. Cut to next scene; woman laying in bed climaxing with a vibrator. Cut back to the little girl who fell into the trap, she is now naked and hanging by feet from the air. Two guys dressed up like creepy wolves check her out before slicing her throat to bleed her out like an animal. In a magazine interview, one of the survivors asks the question, "which girl did you eat first?" I couldn't take it anymore. I understand "shock value" to get people to watch a show, but this started out so over the top that I can't watch it and I certainly cannot suggest my granddaughter watch it

On to Perry Mason season 2 when the Knicks or Yanks aren't playing, LOL

I won't lie - my wife and I just started Yellowjackets, and we're really enjoying it so far. It's definitely got shocking scenes, but so far it seems very well executed, and I like the eerie, slowly developing story of what actually happened there in the woods and why these women are going to such lengths to keep it a secret. We're definitely going to stick with it.

Also watched the first episode of the 4th season of Succession. Very solid start. It's a great series, albeit I thought Season 3 was a bit of a letdown relative to one and two.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 01, 2023, 11:30:46 AMI won't lie - my wife and I just started Yellowjackets, and we're really enjoying it so far. It's definitely got shocking scenes, but so far it seems very well executed, and I like the eerie, slowly developing story of what actually happened there in the woods and why these women are going to such lengths to keep it a secret. We're definitely going to stick with it.

Also watched the first episode of the 4th season of Succession. Very solid start. It's a great series, albeit I thought Season 3 was a bit of a letdown relative to one and two.

I admit that I started watching it for no other reason than to suggest it to my granddaughter. I don't like the idea of two high school kids playing "mommy and daddy" on the bed, or women with vibrators getting into my granddaughter's head. Also, she's very sensitive, and the killing scene would give her nightmares. As I brought up a while back, she also plays on the Syracuse traveling team (won the northeast championship, before losing the national title in Denver last year), and one of her close friends and teammates on that team was murdered by her father (a well-respected bank executive) before turning the gun on himself. It was tragic, and my granddaughter still struggles with that horror. She's now a star player on the school's volley ball team, where they won their sectionals last month. There are no state finals for that sport at her level. She only turned 15 three weeks ago, and she's still just a kid (especially at heart), though you wouldn't know it to look at her. She's been on the school's varsity team since she was 13. Bottom line, no Yellowjackets for her!

Jolly Blue Giant

I watched Murder Mystery 2 on Netflix and thought it was okay. I have a hard time believing Jennifer Aniston is a perfect match for Adam Sandler  :-??

Some great scenery, but I personally think Sandler is the wrong character for action/adventure and hero status. Regardless, it's not like a lot of movies where I end up wanting the last couple hours of my life back

ozzie

Haven't watched the second one yet, but the family and I enjoyed the first "Murder Mystery". Nothing too heavy, just a fun movie.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Philosophers

Just finished Season 3 of Jack Ryan.  Really good.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 04, 2023, 11:59:09 AMI watched Murder Mystery 2 on Netflix and thought it was okay. I have a hard time believing Jennifer Aniston is a perfect match for Adam Sandler  :-??

Some great scenery, but I personally think Sandler is the wrong character for action/adventure and hero status. Regardless, it's not like a lot of movies where I end up wanting the last couple hours of my life back

Next up should be Rabbit Hole Its Kiefer Sutherlands new project which is a mix of his hit 24 tv series, Jack Ryan, and just a pinch of Billions with the corporate espionage and Financials. First two episodes were really good and the 3rd episode dropped today.

Speaking of Billions its almost back for the next season. The original bad guy is back and should be amazing.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 04, 2023, 04:51:27 PMNext up should be Rabbit Hole Its Kiefer Sutherlands new project which is a mix of his hit 24 tv series, Jack Ryan, and just a pinch of Billions with the corporate espionage and Financials. First two episodes were really good and the 3rd episode dropped today.

Speaking of Billions its almost back for the next season. The original bad guy is back and should be amazing.

I've been watching Rabbit Hole, I find it very good. Keifer Sutherland seems to be ideal for that role. Kind of getting type-cast since the whole 24 series. Seems to fit him well