News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anatomy of Giants 97 yard drive

Started by ELCHALJE, December 20, 2022, 09:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I think this was the turning point of the game.  Few things are as demoralizing to an opponent than to start inside your own 5 and just keep marching down the field until only the goal line stops you.   I think it's worse when you take 18 plays like the Giants did.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

I have to admit.  When they lined up to go for it on 4th and 9 I thought it was mistake.  Glad I was wrong.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 20, 2022, 09:48:17 AMI have to admit.  When they lined up to go for it on 4th and 9 I thought it was mistake.  Glad I was wrong.

Yep I was like ugggg we are desperate and nothing good happens when you are! 

That's why these coaches make the money they make!

He made it and it's gutsy

We didn't make it he is an idiot!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 20, 2022, 10:07:42 AMhttps://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1605214594221232128

Real improvement on the OL compared to last game against this team. On the TD run, Thomas blocked 2 guys by knocking his guy into the guy that Glowinski was about to hit.  Nick Vannett had a nice block there too.  Really the whole offense did.

Bob In PA

I just want to emphasize two statements by this former NFL'er:

(1) "They have to play a precision kind of way to have success." (translation: this group of players has very little wiggle-room... even one blunder can cost them ANY chance they ever had of winning ANY of their games).

(2) "Amazing to have 8 wins with this roster!" (translation: this is a group of marginal players rallying around the few stars they have and making A TEAM - this is why I personally watch football).

Bob

PS. No coach has done more with less than Daboll; he's unlikely to get Coach-Of-The-Year but deserves it so far.

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!