News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT--Secretariat Preakness

Started by ELCHALJE, May 08, 2023, 12:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELCHALJE

From last to first again and again in record time that still stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV89InWOENc

Bob In PA

EL: That was a great warm-up race for what was in store at the Belmont.  Thanks for posting it.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

I was so dismayed over the deaths of all those horses and the need to scratch the favorite that I didn't even watch the Derby this year.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

I wish Flightline had run in the triple crown races last year.  I don't think he would have beaten Secretariats times, but he very likely would have been a dominant triple crown winner and sparked conversations.

Just heard this weekend that Secretariats heart was much bigger than the average race horse....I guess you really can measure that..

Rosehill Jimmy

Secretariat invariably comes up as we experience yet another Triple Crown season. I was in my early 20s and not much of a horse racing fan.( had never even come close to winning at the track) but this magnificent animal captured the attention of the entire country.

I highly recommend reading the story Bill Nack wrote for Sports Illustrated after Big Red died. Excellent

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

coggs

Always loved the prank calls to Mike Francesa asking why he didn't or if he will have the horses on for an interview.