News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What happens now with Saquon Barkley

Started by uconnjack8, July 20, 2023, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think will happen with Saquon Barkley?

Signs franchise tag and reports on-time
2 (10%)
Has a short hold out (couple of weeks or less) from camp
5 (25%)
Has a long hold out (more than 2 weeks) from camp
1 (5%)
Misses camp completely, reports at the very end of camp
7 (35%)
Sits out a game or two
0 (0%)
Sits out more than two games but eventually joins the team
2 (10%)
Sits out the entire season
0 (0%)
Tag gets rescinded/Barkley gets traded and never plays a down in a Giant uniform again
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

uconnjack8

I know, it's another Barkley thread, at least it's not another Jones thread.  =))

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Stringer Bell

I selected "sits out more than 2 games but eventually joins team".

Before his latest interview, I would have voted for "reports at the end of camp". But hearing how illogical and emotional his thinking is, I'm not expecting him to make the sensible decision.

I see him sitting out to the very last minute - until the Week 10 deadline - then signing the tag so he gets "credit" for this year.

This allows him to stick it to the Giants, keep himself fresh and healthy, and then gives him a 7-week window where - if he goes off - he sets himself up better for 2024. It's a lot easier to look good over 7 games than it is for a full season.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 20, 2023, 02:00:11 PMHow about this?
https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/lesean-mccoy-offers-shady-suggestion-to-saquon

Looks like McCoy was aptly nicknamed.  His teammates would see through such a maneuver, in all likelihood.  I don't think Saquon is that guy.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

One thing I can guarantee is that Gary Brightwell will be replaced by a camp cut or someone in the event saquan sits.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 20, 2023, 05:15:04 PMOne thing I can guarantee is that Gary Brightwell will be replaced by a camp cut or someone in the event saquan sits.

I find it amusing - and a little confusing - how much disdain you have for our #4 RB. :)

files58

Ego wins out again over reality thought process. He sits out preseason, comes back week 1, propensity for injury shows up week 3, rips(not pulls) a hamstring, misses rest of season. Next off season signs with one of the other 31 for the vet minimum.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Stringer Bell on July 20, 2023, 05:17:13 PMI find it amusing - and a little confusing - how much disdain you have for our #4 RB. :)
Man you must have missed it but mid-season this past season Blues Clues or whatever his name is made 8 threads saying the Giants were failing as an organization  because we had the next Barry Sanders on the team in Brightwell but he'd never been given a chance.

I genuinely prefer Corbin over Brightwell as the one thing Brightwell was supposed to be good at is specials and he was horrible on kick return. So if he's horrible at the one thing he's supposed to be good at why is he taking a spot were we could actually find a gem. But yeah blues clues guy has burnt me out on Mr Brightwell.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 20, 2023, 07:08:52 PMMan you must have missed it but mid-season this past season Blues Clues or whatever his name is made 8 threads saying the Giants were failing as an organization  because we had the next Barry Sanders on the team in Brightwell but he'd never been given a chance.

I genuinely prefer Corbin over Brightwell as the one thing Brightwell was supposed to be good at is specials and he was horrible on kick return. So if he's horrible at the one thing he's supposed to be good at why is he taking a spot were we could actually find a gem. But yeah blues clues guy has burnt me out on Mr Brightwell.

Haha! Just ribbin' ya.

Stringer Bell

And for those expecting a quick, amicable resolution to this whereby Saquon returns to normal and acts like a leader and nothing ever happened, he has removed the Giants from his Twitter bio.

Minor and inconsequential? Sure. Childish and petulant? Absolutely!

nb587

Havent read all the Barkley posts so maybe this has already been posted.  Heard on a podcast that Barkley understands that he doesn't have any good options now for contesting his situation at this time.  His bitching and moaning now is telling management not to tag him next year.  His actions, mouthing off is related to his interest in becoming a free agent next year

Slugsy-Narrows

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10083421-saquon-barkley-appears-to-removes-giants-from-twitter-bio-amid-contract-dispute

So now the temper tantrum has gone to removing Giants from his social media.

This dude is losing it.

Toney 2.0! 

JS trade him or dump him he is turning into a cancer!

What a baby if true!

Thin Blue Line

It's sad that Barkley appears to have surrounded himself with the wrong people.  In short order the former face of the franchise has has inexplicably given up his position as a role model in exchange for a histrionic personality disorder.  I was once a big fan and now find myself more disappointed and disgusted by the day. 

Under no circumstances should Barkley be allowed to sit out more than half a season, sign his tag and get credit for the year.  I would certainly hope and expect JS to pull the tag should Barkley decide to pursue this rebellious path of absenteeism.    ~X(