News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Bright Side

Started by bamagiantfan, October 16, 2023, 07:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagiantfan

If the Chargers can take care if business tonight, the Giants will not play a team that is currently above 0.500 until Christmas. 

This team looked like less of a mess last night and players are starting to come back from injuries. There is an opportunity to turn this around. This is the window in the season where they had to grab some wins.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

B1GBLUE

Quote from: bamagiantfan on October 16, 2023, 07:34:54 AMIf the Chargers can take care if business tonight, the Giants will not play a team that is currently above 0.500 until Christmas. 

This team looked like less of a mess last night and players are starting to come back from injuries. There is an opportunity to turn this around. This is the window in the season where they had to grab some wins.

i mean hey, we SUCKED down the stretch last year, after a great start. i'd always rather finish strong than start hot. we will get healthy. and we cant get any worse. also coming up to the easy part of the schedule. i think we know who we are at this point and what our limitations are. the defense is coming together. the offense HAS to figure it out and start putting points up. we go 6-1 the next 7 games, that puts us at 7-6. i'd sign up for that. i know everyone wants to tank and get a high pick, but i just cant get on board with that. lets get back to winning. even if its meaningless.

RelaxTension

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 16, 2023, 08:47:35 AMi mean hey, we SUCKED down the stretch last year, after a great start. i'd always rather finish strong than start hot. we will get healthy. and we cant get any worse. also coming up to the easy part of the schedule. i think we know who we are at this point and what our limitations are. the defense is coming together. the offense HAS to figure it out and start putting points up. we go 6-1 the next 7 games, that puts us at 7-6. i'd sign up for that. i know everyone wants to tank and get a high pick, but i just cant get on board with that. lets get back to winning. even if its meaningless.
:what:
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

Rosehill Jimmy

I'm hoping for a finish like what we saw from the'22 Lions
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

T200

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 16, 2023, 08:47:35 AMi mean hey, we SUCKED down the stretch last year, after a great start. i'd always rather finish strong than start hot. we will get healthy. and we cant get any worse. also coming up to the easy part of the schedule. i think we know who we are at this point and what our limitations are. the defense is coming together. the offense HAS to figure it out and start putting points up. we go 6-1 the next 7 games, that puts us at 7-6. i'd sign up for that. i know everyone wants to tank and get a high pick, but i just cant get on board with that. lets get back to winning. even if its meaningless.
No one wants the Giants to tank. Not one fan.

Tanking involves deliberately losing. The Giants are losing on their own merit. If it was up to us, we'd never lose.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

True Blue

There is a distinct difference between acknowledging a loss helps the Giants long term, vs explicitly hoping they actually achieve those losses

Philosophers

Play to win as that shows character but I am not expecting wins.  They cant score offensive TDs.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Philosophers on October 16, 2023, 11:54:25 AMPlay to win as that shows character but I am not expecting wins.  They cant score offensive TDs.
Phil: I see where you're coming from.

But over a 17-game season, aberrations tend to revert to the mean... as ridiculous as that statement might sound right now (as we drive through a seemingly endless tunnel of seemingly inexplicable incompetence).

I feel safe in predicting that there WILL be "daylight" (and probably a lot of it) between now and January.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

bamagiantfan

Game 7 of 17. Patience.

Bring on the Jets.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)