News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Lemiuex out for the season

Started by bamagiantfan, October 19, 2023, 12:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagiantfan

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Stringer Bell

Quote from: bamagiantfan on October 19, 2023, 12:20:05 PMhttps://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news

I never root for anyone to get hurt - especially one of our guys - but my only hope is that this, once and for all, ends the Shane Lemieux experiment.

He tries hard and I'm sure is a good teammate, but he's just not good and never has been. I hope to not see him in a Giants uniform ever again.

DaveBrown74

Time for Lemieux to start to think about looking into a different line of work. I wish him the best.

uconnjack8

Is this 3 years in a row for him to have a season ending injury?

Doc16LT56

He's played 6 games over the last 3 seasons. He was fortunate to be able to collect his rookie contract in full. Get well and good luck in whatever you do next.

At least Gettleman isn't still here or he might try to sign Lemieux to a 3 year, 15 million extension.

Ed Vette

Imagine having a goal and wishing since you were a kid to be a star in the National Football League. All the training and sacrifices, successes and failures, rehabilitation from injuries and frustrations. Just to make it to this level is a tremendous accomplishment. We can assume his time here is over but I wish him hope and the best for him and his family.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

This guy just can't stay healthy

suffered a torn biceps in practice
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 19, 2023, 01:10:32 PMThis guy just can't stay healthy

He can't, but he's also been decidedly subpar (to use a less harsh word) when he has managed to be on the field.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 19, 2023, 01:16:48 PMHe can't, but he's also been decidedly subpar (to use a less harsh word) when he has managed to be on the field.

I wouldn't disagree with that assessment.  He seemed a little better (especially as a run blocker) his first year but after the first big injury it's just been downhill.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 19, 2023, 12:44:01 PMImagine having a goal and wishing since you were a kid to be a star in the National Football League. All the training and sacrifices, successes and failures, rehabilitation from injuries and frustrations. Just to make it to this level is a tremendous accomplishment. We can assume his time here is over but I wish him hope and the best for him and his family.

Ed,

with him it strikes me that he looked very destine for that goal in college where he was a 4 year starter and I don't think missed a game. 

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

Deja Vu all over again. Me too wishes him well..but his body couldn't hold up. :no:

MightyGiants

Lance Medow
@LanceMedow
Lemieux joins Ezeudu on injured reserve..unfortunately, he's spent the bulk of each of the last 3 seasons on IR

2021: partially left torn patellar tendon (played in 1 game)
2022: toe injury (1 game)
2023: torn biceps (4 games)

Harlow returns after spending August with the #NYG
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE