News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Fargo is back

Started by LennG, November 22, 2023, 11:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

If some of you have not watched this amazing TV series, run, do not walk, to your TV and tune in. Season 5 premiered last night (I haven't watched the first 2 episodes as of yet). Don't worry about not catching up because each season is independent of all the others and each season is a stand alone event.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2023-11-20/fargo-season-5-review-juno-temple

I cannot really describe the show to anyone. It is very violent at times, funny at other times and just grabs you by whatever and keeps you watching. Great scripts, great acting, and enough of everything to hold your interest throughout.  From what I have read about this new season, it is returning to what is called its roots, in that it is going back to the Minnesota area. Last season it strayed to Kansas City.

Anyway, this series is a treat for one and all. Go back and start with Season 1 with Billy Bob Thornton to really get the feel of what truly great TV is.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

I had no idea about this Lenn. Thanks very much for flagging. I'm a huge fan of Fargo (both the movie, which is one of my all time favorites, and the series).

TDToomer

Can't wait to watch this. trying to finish up Billions first.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on November 22, 2023, 11:44:55 AMIf some of you have not watched this amazing TV series, run, do not walk, to your TV and tune in. Season 5 premiered last night (I haven't watched the first 2 episodes as of yet). Don't worry about not catching up because each season is independent of all the others and each season is a stand alone event.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2023-11-20/fargo-season-5-review-juno-temple

I cannot really describe the show to anyone. It is very violent at times, funny at other times and just grabs you by whatever and keeps you watching. Great scripts, great acting, and enough of everything to hold your interest throughout.  From what I have read about this new season, it is returning to what is called its roots, in that it is going back to the Minnesota area. Last season it strayed to Kansas City.

Anyway, this series is a treat for one and all. Go back and start with Season 1 with Billy Bob Thornton to really get the feel of what truly great TV is.

I was not aware  :what:

I'm a huge, huge Fargo fan and thought the series ended. I'm delighted there's another season...had no idea. I had to look it up, but it's streaming on Hulu. I'll probably wait to binge it because it's so hard to wait for the following week for the next episode and the climax keeps building and leaves you hanging for a week. Anyway, thanks for the heads up Lenn

Dark comedy at its finest!

Just a heads up, Hulu is offering the Starz add-on package for $1.00 for six months (that's less than 3 cents a week) as their Black Friday deal. Just don't forget to cancel once you've gone through all the network's offerings
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ozzie

Quote from: LennG on November 22, 2023, 11:44:55 AMIf some of you have not watched this amazing TV series, run, do not walk, to your TV and tune in. Season 5 premiered last night (I haven't watched the first 2 episodes as of yet). Don't worry about not catching up because each season is independent of all the others and each season is a stand alone event.

Thanks for this Lenn. Since I have not seen previous seasons your last line was going to be my question.
I have the episodes 1 & 2 recorded.
Thanks
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm having a hard time holding off on Fargo until all episodes are dropped  :boooo:

I started watching a new series on Apple+ last night that I thought would probably be stupid, but I discovered that it was far better than anticipated...mainly because of the well-written plot. It's called, "Monarch: Legacy of Monsters". Like Fargo, they let enough episodes out to get you hooked, then have to wait a week for the next one to come out. Although, unlike Fargo with two episodes, Apple+ has dropped three and there will be a total of eight episodes when it's all said and done, the fourth episode dropping next Friday. It's an interesting cast as the star is Kurt Russell and his son Wyatt Russell (who plays the younger Kurt) as the plot flips back and forth from the 1950s to the 2010s

My first thought was "oh great, another Godzilla movie" which I never cared for, but this is a substantive plot that isn't only about Godzilla. The plot is very well written

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLHsM4bpfxY

Ed Vette

We watched the first two episodes of season one Fargo and came away uninspired to watch a third. What did you think of the first two episodes, Lenn?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

I enjoyed the movie but have never watched the series.

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 24, 2023, 01:40:33 PMWe watched the first two episodes of season one Fargo and came away uninspired to watch a third. What did you think of the first two episodes, Lenn?

Ed

Season 1 was so far away now, that I really don't remember a lot about the entire season, let alone the first 2 episodes. I do remember that when I went into this series, I expected a sort of remake of the movie and it was something completely different, as far as storyline. I really can't say why I really loved this series, but it really caught me and kept me coming back for more. it was so well written and the storylines were great. A nice mix of that sort of down-home, midwestern twang and charm, along with out-and-out violence, but never just for the sake of violence.

I do remember when It first came out and I watched right from the get-go, I begged others to watch and some didn't know what I was even talking about with the show being on FX. Again, when it first came out it was a bit out there, as far as regular TV shows were, but there was just something about it, that made you want more.

All I can say is stay with it, it will grow on you. It may not be for everyone, but for those who do like it, it is far superior to most things on TV.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Sem on November 24, 2023, 05:37:35 PMI enjoyed the movie but have never watched the series.

Man, Steve, you don't know what you're missing. If you like dark (very dark) comedy, nothing tops Fargo - and unlike the suggested order, start with season one if you give it a shot

Sem

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on November 24, 2023, 07:40:45 PMMan, Steve, you don't know what you're missing. If you like dark (very dark) comedy, nothing tops Fargo - and unlike the suggested order, start with season one if you give it a shot

I will for sure. Do you know if I can stream the first few seasons on FX?

ozzie

OK, watched the first 2 episodes of the new Fargo season.
Excellent so far. Can't wait for episode 3!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Sem on November 24, 2023, 07:47:41 PMI will for sure. Do you know if I can stream the first few seasons on FX?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you Steve, but all 5 seasons of Fargo are on Hulu right along with the 5th season taking place right now

SlotCorner

Season 5 has been as good as advertised. Jon Hamm is probably my favorite right now.