News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What were your top 20 all time favorite TV shows?

Started by MightyGiants, December 04, 2023, 03:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sem

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 05, 2023, 01:52:58 PMOz: Don't know this one. What was the premise? Bob
Very strange show. I also liked it and wish it didn't end do soon.

Zombie mom. Comedy/black comedy. Husband played by Timothy Olyphant was hysterical.

https://youtu.be/vvW8SYF-Ty0

ozzie

Pretty much what Sem said and what's seen in the trailer.
Very dark humor. Wife becomes "undead" and she and husband search for a cure while trying to keep things quiet and still satisfy her appetite. They wind up in some crazy situations every episode but manage to get themselves out of it.
The cast is great. Timothy Olyphant and Drew Barrymore are hilarious along with the neighbor kid.

Spoiler...it ends abruptly. Apparently Netflix canceled it without really thinking things thru.
But still worth watching for laughs. I'm actually surprised another network didn't pick it up.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

In no particular order

MASH
All in the Family
Cheers
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos
Game of Thrones
Hill Street Blues
Deadwood
Taxi
The West Wing
Better Call Saul
Band of Brothers
Twilight Zone
The Walking Dead (The first 5 years)
Mad Men
Honeymooners
24 (the first 4 years)
The X Files
Fargo
Sherlock
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

GIANTS1

also in no order an some as a kid

1 seinfeld
2 cheers
3 sgt bilko
4 la law
5 time tunnel
6 big bang theory
7 all in the family
8 blue bloods
9 3 stooges
10 twilight zone
11 batman
12 young shelden
13 dick van dyke
14 bob newhart show
15 lassie
16 yellowstone
17 kojack
18 taxi
19 one step beyond
20 sanford an son

Ed Vette

Honeymooners
Seinfeld
Taxi
Cheers
Everybody loves Raymond
King of Queens
Twilight Zone
All In The Family
Big Bang Theory
Young Sheldon
Friends
Sanford and Son
The Beverly Hillbillies
Superman original series
Star Trek
ST Next Generation
ST Voyager
ST Enterprise
Deep Space 9
Bull

As for series:
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Ozark
The Walking Dead

Old series:
The three Stooges with Curly
Laurel and Hardy

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

GIANTS1

god job ed i love the hillbillies should be on my list. always admired how they kept that fresh for nine years. lots of belly laughs.

Jolly Blue Giant

A few things I notice on this thread:

1 - Rich started this thread, but he hasn't added his list... :-??

2 - No one (except moi), had "Lost" or "Blacklist" on their list, two of my favorite series of all time, although I admit, "Lost" was lost after the 5th season, but prior to that, show was phenomenal

3 - I should have added "Beverly Hillbillies", "Gilligan's Island", "The Bob Newhart Show", and "All in the Family" to my list. Getting old sucks and I forget the things that used to make me happy and excited for the show to come on. I especially can't believe I didn't have "Ozark" on my list  :doh: 

4 - Must be no one loves Lucy...LOL (I didn't either, too over the top)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTu8iDynwNc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WYdUaK54fU
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Good catch on Ozark, it should be on my list,

Can we name 21 shows  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Myself, I was never a real fan of the Beverly Hillbillies. I found it funny, but just too silly to take seriously, same with Gilligan's Island, funny, but after a while, it just wasn't that funny anymore.  Lucy, though she was an amazing talent, she never really made me want to watch her, anytime. I would have rather watched Carol Burnett and I'm surprised no one included that show. Tim Conway made that show, as we might say, must-watch TV.

Anyone remember the old Topper show, with Leo G Carroll? Also funny in its time, great special effects for its time but today it really wouldn't hold up.

Another show that should have been on my list, along with The Twilight Zone was Alfred Hitchcock's Presents. I NEVER missed that show and good old Alfred was the star of every show even though he was there for maybe a couple of minutes.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

I forgot House of Cards. Looks like I needed a list of 30.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on December 10, 2023, 08:34:05 PMGood catch on Ozark, it should be on my list,

Can we name 21 shows  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Myself, I was never a real fan of the Beverly Hillbillies. I found it funny, but just too silly to take seriously, same with Gilligan's Island, funny, but after a while, it just wasn't that funny anymore.  Lucy, though she was an amazing talent, she never really made me want to watch her, anytime. I would have rather watched Carol Burnett and I'm surprised no one included that show. Tim Conway made that show, as we might say, must-watch TV.

Anyone remember the old Topper show, with Leo G Carroll? Also funny in its time, great special effects for its time but today it really wouldn't hold up.

Another show that should have been on my list, along with The Twilight Zone was Alfred Hitchcock's Presents. I NEVER missed that show and good old Alfred was the star of every show even though he was there for maybe a couple of minutes.
Lenn: No one except you is OLD enough to remember Topper.... except for me... and if they ARE old enough and don't live in either NY or Northeast PA they never got to see WPIX. Same for "My Little Margie" starring Gail Storm (by the way, that's one of IMO the greatest stage names of all time.... Gail(gale) = Storm, get it? lol
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

House of Cards was pretty excellent (IMO at least). Very well executed series.

MightyGiants

It's very difficult for me to put together a list.   There were many shows I loved at the time, but they don't hold up to my aging over the decades.  There are also shows that had a few good seasons but dropped off over time and lost what made them special (sometimes, this happened in only a season).  Sometimes a series wasn't that great, but there were individual episodes or skits that were truly brilliant.  Some great shows were canceled after only a season or two.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

It's very difficult for me to put together a list.   There were many shows I loved at the time, but they don't hold up to my aging over the decades.  There are also shows that had a few good seasons but dropped off over time and lost what made them special (sometimes, this happened in only a season).  Sometimes a series wasn't that great, but there were individual episodes or skits that were truly brilliant.  Some great shows were canceled after only a season or two.

I really struggle to just list 20 because of all those factors.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Definitely enjoyed reading everyone's lists. Like Rich, I also had a hard time coming up with just 20 and actually forgot about some that I was reminded of by others. But, here's some of mine and I apologize to those shows I didn't include  :yes:

In no particular order:

The 6 Million Dollar Man
The Love Boat
Diff'frent Strokes
The Facts of Life
Bugs Bunny and Friends
The Flintstones
Alice
The Jeffersons
Good Times
All in the Family
Sanford and Son