News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Former Giants Play Big Role in PHI-SEA Game

Started by uconnjack8, December 19, 2023, 10:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Last night's MNF football game had a strong former Giant presence.

Leonard Williams had a couple of tackles for loss and played well overall.

Julian Love had 2 INTs, one on deep pass in the endzone and another to seal the victory to go along with his 9 tackles.

James Bradberry played a big role in the opposite direction.  He was beaten twice in the final drive, both times on 3rd and 10 plays.  The first was Metcalf for a 1st down, the next one was the winning TD where Jackson Smith-Njigba beat Bradberry over the top.

TDToomer

Love was outstanding. Bad decision to let him go but thank you Love and the Seahawks! That was an outstanding final drive.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

I am just happy seeing the Eagles struggle.  It sort of reeks of desperation that they demoted their DC (by stripping him of his play calling) and putting Patricia in.  This is the sort of move you see losing teams make, not winners.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 19, 2023, 10:54:33 AMLast night's MNF football game had a strong former Giant presence.

Leonard Williams had a couple of tackles for loss and played well overall.

Julian Love had 2 INTs, one on deep pass in the endzone and another to seal the victory to go along with his 9 tackles.

James Bradberry played a big role in the opposite direction.  He was beaten badly twice in the final drive, both times on 3rd and 10 plays.  The first was Metcalf for a big gain, then next one was the winning TD where Jackson Smith-Njigba beat Bradberry over the top.

uconn: Possibly Unnoticed were key injuries to Eagles O-linemen that also IMO played a big key role in the loss. 

I can't imagine it, but that must have been an excruciating loss for Eagles fans (who justly deserve it). lol

More importantly to me personally (because I truly hate the guy more than any other NFL coach), it was an even tougher loss for Siriani (a real horse's-rear-end who, even more than Eagles fans, deserves to lose every game that way). I despise him.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Painter

So true about the good and the outstanding play of Seattle's two former Giants and the not so of the Eagles Bradbury. Of course, nothig yet compares to the Giants trash disposal that has been Kadarius Toney.

As for the game's outcome, I had some mixed feelings given that I rather not see the Cows have a Bye or PO home game.

Cheers!

zephirus

The Giants have the opportunity to send the Eagles into a real tail-spin.  They're no longer in control of the division, let alone the conference.  One more loss in the final 3 games almost seals their fate to playing away from home during the wild-card round. 

Maybe it's my blithe optimism that the Eagles will crater back to Earth, but I think they have some real concerns after this year and they don't look like a Superbowl bound team.  Lane Johnson and Jason Kelce, who are not only locker-room leaders but good players carry big contracts and Kelce has openly considered retirement in recent years.  They sunk a lot of money into their secondary with Slay and Bradberry and it's still one of the poorer units on their time after looking dominant last year.  Brandon Graham and Fletcher Cox are nearing the end.  They no longer have a cheap quarterback.  Devonta Smith looks like he'll command a big free agent contract when his rookie deal expires. 

Bob In PA

Quote from: zephirus on December 19, 2023, 12:12:35 PMThe Giants have the opportunity to send the Eagles into a real tail-spin.  They're no longer in control of the division, let alone the conference.  One more loss in the final 3 games almost seals their fate to playing away from home during the wild-card round. 

Maybe it's my blithe optimism that the Eagles will crater back to Earth, but I think they have some real concerns after this year and they don't look like a Superbowl bound team.  Lane Johnson and Jason Kelce, who are not only locker-room leaders but good players carry big contracts and Kelce has openly considered retirement in recent years.  They sunk a lot of money into their secondary with Slay and Bradberry and it's still one of the poorer units on their time after looking dominant last year.  Brandon Graham and Fletcher Cox are nearing the end.  They no longer have a cheap quarterback.  Devonta Smith looks like he'll command a big free agent contract when his rookie deal expires.

Lee: Agree completely.  One small thing... Slay did not play last night, to my recollection. Bob

kartanoman

Quote from: zephirus on December 19, 2023, 12:12:35 PMThe Giants have the opportunity to send the Eagles into a real tail-spin.  They're no longer in control of the division, let alone the conference.  One more loss in the final 3 games almost seals their fate to playing away from home during the wild-card round. 

Though I share in your holiday wishes, regarding the Iggles' disintegration back into the sludge along the Delaware River that they truly are, do you REALLY believe the Giants have a chance to go into their building and take them down?

Not to upset your holiday wish, or anything. But this one's gonna take all of us making a trip down to the department store, sitting on Santa's lap, and telling him what we'd like for Christmas.

But if everyone here is game, I'll pledge to have my wife drag me out for last second shopping so I can get it done.

All in favor ... ???

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Painter

While rooting to win always and without any thought of the Draft or of next year, I can't share the in slightest optimism re the remaining 2 Eagles games. Forget about negative momentum, the Eagles have all the "must win" incentives possible, not to mention being the more talented.

Cheers!

SlotCorner

Love to see the Eagles lose and if we can get one win off them this year it won't be a totally lost year.

But we all should have been rooting for the Seahawks to lose. That 2nd round pick was looking like a really nice asset before the game started.

Bob In PA

Quote from: SlotCorner on December 19, 2023, 03:09:25 PMLove to see the Eagles lose and if we can get one win off them this year it won't be a totally lost year.
Slot: That's what I'm afraid of. The Giants' "consolation prize" for this crappy season could be to defeat the Eagles at home in the final game, which will (I suspect) drastically alter their draft position and mean absolutely nothing to most of us (not to me; I can't stand their head coach and hope he never wins another game for the rest of his life  :o).  Bob

SlotCorner

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 19, 2023, 03:55:10 PMSlot: That's what I'm afraid of. The Giants' "consolation prize" for this crappy season could be to defeat the Eagles at home in the final game, which will (I suspect) drastically alter their draft position and mean absolutely nothing to most of us (not to me; I can't stand their head coach and hope he never wins another game for the rest of his life  :o).  Bob

It would mean a lot to me too! And if Joe Schoen's only plan is contingent on losing the rest of our games, he's not the GM we think he is. Once the draft order is final, I trust him to figure out a way to get our next QB.

kartanoman

Quote from: SlotCorner on December 19, 2023, 04:05:54 PMIt would mean a lot to me too! And if Joe Schoen's only plan is contingent on losing the rest of our games, he's not the GM we think he is. Once the draft order is final, I trust him to figure out a way to get our next QB.

Thank you! I simply cannot get behind this team having to apologize for their wins because of draft position impact.

If it is in the Giants' off-season strategy to acquire a QB they are currently targeting, there are multiple ways to do so apart from being in the right draft position.

If the Giants were ever accused of throwing games, or "tanking," as we call it, I would lose interest in the team and possibly move on from them. I will never support an organization which operates with a lack of integrity of that magnitude.

Besides, I'm in the group which strongly believes you fix the dammned offensive line once and for all!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)