News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Warranties

Started by LennG, December 23, 2023, 08:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

We are continually bombarded with ads and phone calls for car warranties and home warranties. Has anyone ever tried them or are they all scams?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

My Brokerage has a business relationship with American Home Shield.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

ozzie

I have never used a warranty like the ones these tv ads are pushing. It sounds like a great idea, but I have one friend who used one for his home and he said he would not do it again. His reasoning is that they will go to extremes to try and repair whatever has broken down and if they can't, they will replace it with the cheapest option available. I don't know which warranty company he used, but he wasn't at all satisfied with the service.
Now for a landlord or someone with multiple properties, this may be ok just to get the tennants fixed up quickly, but for his personal home, his advice is to pass.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on December 23, 2023, 08:49:59 PMWe are continually bombarded with ads and phone calls for car warranties and home warranties. Has anyone ever tried them or are they all scams?

As for me, I ignore them. Insurance companies become very rich because they take in more money than they pay out...and that's after paying salaries to all the employees working at the insurance company, as well as millions in advertising. Someone is getting the short end of the stick...and it ain't the consumer

I kind of look at it like the offers you get every time you buy an appliance: "would you like to add a 2-year protection to your purchase"...my answer is always "no". If it friggin breaks, I'll simply replace it. The thing is, they never break...at least in my experience. If it does, that's the last time I buy from that manufacturer. I bought a new toaster from Amazon a couple of weeks ago for 39.00. I was asked if I wanted to buy an extended warranty...WTF

As for cars, if the person maintains their vehicle as it should be maintained, chances are you'll be fine. Or, you could buy a car from the dealer I bought my last car (just a few weeks ago), which has a 20-year, 200,000-mile warranty. The only hitch, you have to show you changed oil regularly as suggested in the manual. Owner is responsible for brakes, tires, oil, filters, etc. Not all Kia dealers offer that warranty...only eight of them in the U.S. That's what I've been told anyway

https://www.kiaofeastsyracuse.com/warranty

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

One of my rules of life-  good deals don't go out of their way to find you
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 24, 2023, 09:13:54 AMOne of my rules of life-  good deals don't go out of their way to find you

That could be a "life's quote" for everyone
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: