News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Around the NFL: Week 18

Started by DaveBrown74, January 07, 2024, 12:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Titans did their fans proud today. Henry was a beast against that leaky Jag D. Lawrence defenders have the injury excuse but was mediocre at best down the stretch.

DaveBrown74

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 07, 2024, 04:55:41 PMGood for Arthur Smith. Show some class Allen.

Yep. Smith may be looking for a job come tomorrow afternoon though.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 07, 2024, 05:06:33 PMYep. Smith may be looking for a job come tomorrow afternoon though.

Not on Dennis Allen's squad.

DaveBrown74

Here is Jameis Winston's explanation of the final play that guy Arthur Smith so angry:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1744176235142373397

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 07, 2024, 09:27:34 PMHere is Jameis Winston's explanation of the final play that guy Arthur Smith so angry:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1744176235142373397

So if I am reading this correctly the Saints intercepted the Falcons 3rd string QB and took it to the 1 yard line instead of the end zone. Then Allen called a kneel down to jus end the game and Winston ignored the call so that Jamaal Williams can get his first TD of the season while they were actually in Victory Formation? Then Allen gets cursed out by Smith after game. Then all hell broke out in the Saints locker room presumably by an angry head coach who doesn't like being accused of running up a score.

Is this the correct chain of events?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 08, 2024, 03:33:55 PMSo if I am reading this correctly the Saints intercepted the Falcons 3rd string QB and took it to the 1 yard line instead of the end zone. Then Allen called a kneel down to jus end the game and Winston ignored the call so that Jamaal Williams can get his first TD of the season while they were actually in Victory Formation? Then Allen gets cursed out by Smith after game. Then all hell broke out in the Saints locker room presumably by an angry head coach who doesn't like being accused of running up a score.

Is this the correct chain of events?

I believe so, yes.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 08, 2024, 03:36:28 PMI believe so, yes.

Then Winston is a POS. That weird eyes bugging out of his head exchange with the media confirms what a total douchebag he is.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 08, 2024, 04:01:10 PMThen Winston is a POS. That weird eyes bugging out of his head exchange with the media confirms what a total douchebag he is.

He's not a guy I'd ever have any interest in having on our team, and I'm not even talking about this episode (although this doesn't help, I agree).

GordonGekko80

You don't score a TD out of victory formation. Point blank.

The coach calls "victory", you do "victory".
You don't overrule a call like that. It's 41-17.

You wanna score? Give the D a chance to line up and stop you, but don't fool the D like that.
Winston needs to be gone. I wouldn't sign this guy on a free (not to mention how bad this makes his coach look, too).

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on January 09, 2024, 06:41:00 AMYou don't score a TD out of victory formation. Point blank.

The coach calls "victory", you do "victory".

Agreed. Not only is it a lame move, but it also creates acute injury risk, especially for the defense. So not only are you trying to humiliate them, but you are heightening their injury risk for absolutely no good reason.