News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Eagles to Start 2024 in Brazil

Started by uconnjack8, February 05, 2024, 08:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

"The Eagles, who last played an international game in 2018, will face a to-be-announced opponent in São Paolo on Friday, Sept. 6, the day after the NFL season kicks off on Thursday night. This will be the NFL's first Friday game on opening weekend in more than 50 years"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39467033/eagles-play-nfl-first-game-brazil-kick-24

Gman329

Just hope we're not the opponent.  Guessing it'll be the Packers. 

President Rick

owners want to rack up those sky miles....they need the $$$$$$ so badly.   tough on the players, but nfl is going global.  IMO there will be teams overseas by the 2030's.  london.  munich.  frankfort.  mexico city.  and there's always our neighbor to the north where the bills have played, toronto.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

y_so_blu

kartanoman

Quote from: President Rick on February 06, 2024, 07:55:15 AMowners want to rack up those sky miles....they need the $$$$$$ so badly.   tough on the players, but nfl is going global.  IMO there will be teams overseas by the 2030's.  london.  munich.  frankfort.  mexico city.  and there's always our neighbor to the north where the bills have played, toronto.

Rugby League in Australia is actually bringing their games to Las Vegas this year. When the NFL returns the favor by sending "Gridiron" to Melbourne, Sydney and Perth, then I'll believe the global stunt. They still view their (my) "footy" as the bee's knees and, with my Magpies winning the Premiership last season, and the Giants playing the way they did, I can't disagree with their point. Still, the Super Bowl's going to be a great game!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)