News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Friday night Dinner and Sunday Brunch

Started by vette5573, July 11, 2009, 10:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webster29

OK THE US MAP COMES UP  ZOOM INTO THE ALBANY AREA JUST NORTH WEST OF ALBANY STATE UNIV CAMPUS ON FULLER RD YOU WILL SEE THE LOC OF THE PARK     HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT     I CAN GUARANTEE A GREAT TIME

Webster29

ALSO CJ CHECK THE BBQ SHOPPING LIST THREAD IF YOU WANT TO BRING SOMETHING.

drakew

My access to the link shows Bemus Point and a vinyard nearby! Certainly NOT! Use the Google earth link maybe?"
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

Webster29

Come on Drake.  Your just thinking about sitting on the front lawn at the Lenhart sipping a cold one.

COACHJIM

I posted on the BBQ sight  who/What /When and wear  we are staying at the Best western Albany airport inn at 200 Wolf road Albany  can anybody give me directions from there to |Giants training camp and The BBQ and the friday night dinner hate to be a pain but  we are from South jersey about 30 minutes from Atlantic city and do not no the area.Thanks Jim
I am a Father of 4 and I have 5 Grandchildren been married for 22 years to the most amazing woman in the world and I am trying to kick my Cancers Ass.Long time Giants fan and 27 year sports official

LennG

Jim

I am not a local, but looking at a map, you should be able to access the Northway (87) from Wolf's road.

From the North: Take Interstate 87 (Northway) south to Exit 1E. Off the exit, proceed to Interstate 90 east (Albany/Boston). Take Exit 2 (Washington Avenue) which leads right into the University at Albany campus. Follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

and as soon as you exit, the university is right across the street. If you enter the university, just follow the route around looking for the tennis courts. You will come to the parking for people coming to camp. There will be some kids collecting parking fees, $5.00. Park anywhere. If you miss our group, you just need to walk all the way by the tennis courts, to the big dorm buildings. They usually have a huge blow up Giants figure there. Just go up the steps, you will see a huger tent selling all kinds of Giants stuff. Go thru that, and the fields will appear.
Again, if you are meeting the group before, then it's no problem. if not we will give you a cell number to call to see where most of us are.

As far as the BBQ is concerned, I don't know the streets, but it is about 5 minutes from the practice field. I'm sure some one can give you directions.

If any locals can correct my directions, jump right in. SUNY Albany is pretty easy to find, and the traffic in people coming to camp usually points the way.

Bring some things to get autographs as many of the players will sign, and bring a camera so you can take pictures of us.  :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

COACHJIM

Thanks len We will be there we just booked are room at The Best western Albany airport inn it is very close to the colledge. What do you need us to bring to the BBQ thanks again JIm
I am a Father of 4 and I have 5 Grandchildren been married for 22 years to the most amazing woman in the world and I am trying to kick my Cancers Ass.Long time Giants fan and 27 year sports official

vette5573

Directions to UAlbany Athletic Complex

From the North:  Take Interstate 87 (Northway) south to Exit 1E.  Off the exit, proceed to Interstate 90 east (Albany/Boston).  Take Exit 2 (Washington Avenue) which leads right into the University at Albany campus.  Follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

From the South:  Take Interstate 87 (Thruway) north to Exit 24.  After the tollbooths, proceed onto Interstate 90 east towards Boston.  Take Exit 2 (Washington Avenue) which leads right into the University at Albany campus.  Follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

From the East:  Take Interstate 90 west towards Buffalo.  Leave interstate at Exit 2 (Fuller Road).  Turn left at Fuller Road, and then take next left at Washington Avenue.  The University at Albany campus is on your right.  Upon entering campus, follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

From the West:  Take Interstate 90 (Thruway) east to Exit 24.  After the tollbooths, proceed onto Interstate 90 east towards Boston.  Leave interstate at Exit 2 (Washington Avenue) which leads right into the University at Albany campus.  Follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

vette5573

#2 BBQ location:&nbsp; Rensselaer Lake/Six Mile Waterworks -- from campus, take Fuller Road heading north, the park is past the Fuller/Washington intersection on left. We'll be on the right adjacent to the first parking area.

#3 The Barnsider Restaurant,&nbsp; 480 Sand Creek Road&nbsp; --&nbsp; from campus area, right on Fuller Rd. heading north until it ends at Central Ave.; left on Central, followed soon by a right onto Wolf; continues past Colonie Center Mall, moving to left lane, and take a left onto Sand Creek Road. The Barnsider is just ahead on your left.

#4 Hannaford Supermarket, 96 Wolf Road -- At intersection of Wolf & Sand Creek, see directions for Barnsider (above).&nbsp; Place to get virtually any items you might need for your BBQ contribution, open 24/7.

#5 Price Chopper Supermarket, 1706 Western Ave.&nbsp; -- Similar to Hannaford, perhaps slightly better selection -- large, well-stocked market open 24/7, also close to BBQ location.&nbsp; From campus, go left onto Fuller Rd. and right onto Western (or exit campus on Western Ave. and take a left), go past Crossgates Mall -- supermarket will be on left.

vette5573

Does an 8PM reservation at the Barnsider sound good? There are 12 of us, but they can do separate checks like they did last year, I'm guessing.

http://www.barnsiderrestaurants.com/2barnsdr/index.html

COACHJIM

We will be coming from south jersey right to the practice and then to the hotel to check in and then to the Big blue dinner with everyone.There is 3 of us myself my wife and son. Cell phone 609-625-4064 Jim Eccles

vette5573

We have an 8PM reservation at the Barnsider, under the name BigBlueHuddle.

If we get more people for the dinner, we can possibly get the private room as we did last year.

vette5573

COACHJIM

My wife son and I will be there we are coming in friday.

RemembersHuff

Coach Jim, you don't want to get on the Northway to get from Wolf Rd. to the UAlbany Campus.  You'll take Wolf Road heading south back to Central Ave. (Rt. 5), take a left onto Central Ave. -- go about a 1/2 mile or less to a right turn onto Fuller Road.  About a mile down Fuller you'll see the BBQ location (Six Mile Waterworks -- #2 on the map below) on your right -- keep going to the second traffic light and UAlbany is on your left -- you can either take a left onto Washington Ave. and enter campus on your right, or you can stay on Fuller past that intersection and make a left into the campus at the next light.

The dinner Friday night is at the Barnsider (#3 on the map) on Sand Creek Road, which is right off Wolf Rd.

#1 on the map shows which part of campus the athletic fields are on.  There's another map on page 2 of the other training camp thread here that shows more detail of the campus, including the location of the Dutch Quad parking lot.

#4 (Hannaford) and #5 (Price Chopper) are supermarkets where you can pick up anything you might need for the BBQ.  A,B, C & D are shopping centers.  A (Crossgates Mall) and D (Colonie Center Mall) are very large, and include multi-screen movie theaters.

Hope that helps.