News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anybody still want Daboll fired?

Started by Gmo11, December 11, 2023, 11:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmo11

Or are we done with that ridiculous narrative after he's taken a QB void of any and all elite traits and won games with him?

killarich

Quote from: Gmo11 on December 11, 2023, 11:55:11 PMOr are we done with that ridiculous narrative after he's taken a QB void of any and all elite traits and won games with him?

I know some people mentioned it but I don't really think it was a "narrative" on here

Maybe a hot seat kind of situation but how many people actually wanted him fired after this season ?

Gmo11

Quote from: killarich on December 11, 2023, 11:57:26 PMI know some people mentioned it but I don't really think it was a "narrative" on here

Maybe a hot seat kind of situation but how many people actually wanted him fired after this season ?

There were more than a few as I recall.

Philosophers

I am liking the progress of Robinson, Banks, Hyatt, etc.  It helps to play all these young kids.  Accelerates their development.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: killarich on December 11, 2023, 11:57:26 PMI know some people mentioned it but I don't really think it was a "narrative" on here

There multiple people who wanted him gone. No need to call anybody out obviously. But I think it's a good reminder of the dangers of being overly knee-jerk in reactions to small sample sizes. Especially with a guy who won coach of the year last year.

If we fired Daboll he'd be unemployed for about five seconds. And we'd be the biggest joke in American sports.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Gmo11 on December 11, 2023, 11:55:11 PMOr are we done with that ridiculous narrative after he's taken a QB void of any and all elite traits and won games with him?

If I might inject.....that is a strange thing to say about a QB who is improving by the game

Has us on a playoff possible trajectory and has everyone in the organization turned around

What would you like to see?  Walk on water?

Yesterday was extremely windy and did not lend itself to long downfield passing which I predict will be his next transformation. Who thought he could run the ball like that? He has a magical arm. Elite? Close enough

If you want to call someone out its Barkley
He fails to advance the ball on 80% of his carries, cannot break a tackle and yesterday fumbled the ball with no one near him nearly costing us the game

Tommy had to pull one more rabbit out of his hat to correct that hot mess.

Barkley should be part of a rotation.  This desire to keep him out there for 99% of the snaps despite his faults is mindboggling- making Tomy's job unnecessarily more difficult

I submit our inability to sustain drives comes directly from Barkleys inability to run to a manageable 3rd down attempt.  We are always in 3rd and long
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

T200

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 12, 2023, 07:39:15 AMIf you want to call someone out its Barkley
He fails to advance the ball on 80% of his carries, cannot break a tackle and yesterday fumbled the ball with no one near him nearly costing us the game

Barkley should be part of a rotation.  This desire to keep him out there for 99% of the snaps despite his faults is mindboggling- making Tomy's job unnecessarily more difficult

I submit our inability to sustain drives comes directly from Barkleys inability to run to a manageable 3rd down attempt.  We are always in 3rd and long
Barkley's fumble was inexcusable and the team prevailed despite that.

Barkley has been a feast-or-famine type of runner since he got here, in large part due to being hit behind the line of scrimmage on way too many of his rush attempts. If excuses, err umm, reasons can be made for DJ and his inefficiencies, then the same needs to be afforded to the most talented offensive player we have had the past five years.

Barkley makes every QB's job easier because the defense knows that he is the focal point of the offense and they don't respect the QB no matter who it is. They crowd the line to stop 26. Period. When he's on the field, Tommy TD has favorable coverage options. To his credit, he has made good reads and excellent throws.

To suggest that Barkley is somehow a problem with this offense and is potentially holding TD Tommy back, I wholeheartedly disagree.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

I never wanted Daboll fired. I wanted Kafka fired.  :ok:

AYM

I wanted him fired - or at least saw no reason to keep him. I'll own it.

babywhales

Fire Thomas McGaughey

Like this morning....

After last night I suppose Bobby Johnson can stick around until the end of the season.
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

kartanoman

Firing Daboll wasn't going to happen and the only scenario where it could have was if he lost the team. The second Dallas game might have been the opportunity for this if not for a kid named Tommy Chicken Cutlet who kept on battling and laid two touchdowns on Dallas' defense before going home that day. Perhaps insignificant to most, at the time, I think you can now see why those two scores were important when he marched the team down the field, last night, to set up the game winning FG.

But no, Schoen and Daboll came in as a package and they'll build this thing up together for the Giants' organization. I still believe they need the opportunity to do what they laid out in their plan. Once they have most of the pieces in place, I think we're all going to really like what we'll see. But we're not there yet. I'd venture to guess they are only about 30% of the way there, right now.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: T200 on December 12, 2023, 08:00:31 AMI never wanted Daboll fired. I wanted Kafka fired.  :ok:

I'm in this mindset!  I don't like Kafka's playcalling and game planning!

Didn't like it last night despite the win! 

Our OLINE is not good and you send DeVito out wide with SB in the wild cat late in the game when we need to move the ball?  Now is not the time to get cute! 

Kafka is not back next year is my prediction!  Dabs hires the Bills OC they just canned and who he wanted to begin with but the Bills blocked.  Could be wrong!  Wouldn't be the first time lol

BluesCruz

Quote from: T200 on December 12, 2023, 07:59:38 AMBarkley's fumble was inexcusable and the team prevailed despite that.

Barkley has been a feast-or-famine type of runner since he got here, in large part due to being hit behind the line of scrimmage on way too many of his rush attempts. If excuses, err umm, reasons can be made for DJ and his inefficiencies, then the same needs to be afforded to the most talented offensive player we have had the past five years.

Barkley makes every QB's job easier because the defense knows that he is the focal point of the offense and they don't respect the QB no matter who it is. They crowd the line to stop 26. Period. When he's on the field, Tommy TD has favorable coverage options. To his credit, he has made good reads and excellent throws.

To suggest that Barkley is somehow a problem with this offense and is potentially holding TD Tommy back, I wholeheartedly disagree.

Barkley is a very average RB.  Often comes up small when the chips are down or the game on the line. Ive seen him duck oncharging lineman he should have blocked

His record on 1st down is awful- another Dayne for no gain

He is wayyyyyyyyyyyy overrated

He has value but the Barkley hype is way over the top.  Im sick of watching one mediocre RB get 99% of the snaps and dont buy the opponents overreacting to Barkley story....Balderdash!
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

T200

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 12, 2023, 08:27:28 AMI'm in this mindset!  I don't like Kafka's playcalling and game planning!

Didn't like it last night despite the win! 

Our OLINE is not good and you send DeVito out wide with SB in the wild cat late in the game when we need to move the ball?  Now is not the time to get cute! 

Kafka is not back next year is my prediction!  Dabs hires the Bills OC they just canned and who he wanted to begin with but the Bills blocked.  Could be wrong!  Wouldn't be the first time lol
My issue with Dab/Ka is that despite knowing how porous the offensive line was, they made zero attempts to try and provide additional support. Or, if they did, they stopped trying. At least until the kid started playing. The offensive play calls were more aggressive and not safe. Sure, part of that was Jones but they should have also told him to take some shots downfield.

I mentioned in the game thread that I don't recall the guard pulling on a run like Bredeson did on Saquon's early run for 10 yards. That's the stuff that was missing earlier in the season and the reason I was fed up with Kafka. The calls he's made since Tommy TD has been starting are much different than what he was calling earlier in the season. If he had called games like this sooner, I think we would have been better off.

T200

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 12, 2023, 08:32:52 AMBarkley is a very average RB.  Often comes up small when the chips are down or the game on the line. Ive seen him duck oncharging lineman he should have blocked

His record on 1st down is awful- another Dayne for no gain

He is wayyyyyyyyyyyy overrated

He has value but the Barkley hype is way over the top.  Im sick of watching one mediocre RB get 99% of the snaps and dont buy the opponents overreacting to Barkley story....Balderdash!
Well, all I can say is that we root for the same team but have very different views.  :goteam:  :cheers: