News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Strands anyone?

Started by Ed Vette, March 11, 2024, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 12, 2024, 05:17:57 PMStrands #40
"You can say that again!"
💡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🟡🔵🔵
🔵

I guess in this game, one hint is "par", two hints is "bogey", more than two hints is "blowup", and zero hints is "birdie/eagle/hole-in-one" depending on the difficulty.
Getting words aren't hints. Although I find it best to accumulate words for a clue because you might stumble on a hint. After one hint it was obvious what the theme was. It became difficult to find the words and the strand but attainable.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 12, 2024, 06:30:44 PMGetting words aren't hints. Although I find it best to accumulate words for a clue because you might stumble on a hint. After one hint it was obvious what the theme was. It became difficult to find the words and the strand but attainable.

Getting three random four letter (or more) words to make a set to get a hint in this is cake. The goal is clearly to not have to do that once. Doing it once, in my opinion at least, is probably about a par, give or take. If you need to do it twice you're in bogey territory or worse.

I say "you" not referring to you specifically. I mean "us", or anyone who plays this game. I routinely need to get the hints (lightbulbs) more than once. Sometimes that's because there is a limit to how much of my time I'm willing to spend on this game. Other times it's because I'm stumped. But let's make no mistake: finding three random four letter words that have nothing to do with the theme is not hard at all. Once you've done that even just once you've gotten a crutch. More than one crutch in a game is not a very good performance IMHO. And again, I say that as someone who has had plenty of times of needing more than one hint.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 12, 2024, 10:12:23 PMGetting three random four letter (or more) words to make a set to get a hint in this is cake. The goal is clearly to not have to do that once. Doing it once, in my opinion at least, is probably about a par, give or take. If you need to do it twice you're in bogey territory or worse.

I say "you" not referring to you specifically. I mean "us", or anyone who plays this game. I routinely need to get the hints (lightbulbs) more than once. Sometimes that's because there is a limit to how much of my time I'm willing to spend on this game. Other times it's because I'm stumped. But let's make no mistake: finding three random four letter words that have nothing to do with the theme is not hard at all. Once you've done that even just once you've gotten a crutch. More than one crutch in a game is not a very good performance IMHO. And again, I say that as someone who has had plenty of times of needing more than one hint.
It can definitely be too time consuming. I face the same decisions.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 12, 2024, 10:23:29 PMIt can definitely be too time consuming. I face the same decisions.

I find myself content to spend more time on Connections than I do this game. I feel like with this game, I know I'm eventually going to get it, but it's just kind of a pain in the ass. With connections, on some days I genuinely am not sure if I'm ever going to get it. That makes it much more intriguing to me.

I like both games but Connections is way out in front for me out of the two in terms of the enjoyment/intrigue factor.

Ed Vette

Strands #41
"Group think"
💡🔵💡🔵
🟡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🔵
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Strands #41
"Group think"
💡🔵🔵🟡
🔵🔵🔵🔵
🔵

DaveBrown74

Got lazy after the first clue. Shouldn't have needed the second one.

Strands #42
"Join the club!"
💡🔵💡🔵
🔵🔵🔵🔵
🟡

Ed Vette

Strands #42
"Join the club!"
🔵🟡🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵
And a piece of cake.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Strands #43
"This and that"
💡🔵🔵💡
🔵💡🔵🟡
🔵🔵🔵🔵
Clever one
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Enjoyed this one. Nice job by the creator(s) today. Took some real mental toil initially.

Strands #43
"This and that"
🔵🔵💡🔵
🔵🔵🔵🔵
🔵🟡

Ed Vette

Strands #44
"On the grid"
💡🔵💡🔵
💡🔵💡🔵
🟡🔵🔵
Needed another cup of coffee. Ugh
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Wanna dolla?

Strands #44
"On the grid"
🔵🔵🔵🟡
🔵🔵🔵

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 16, 2024, 05:29:38 PMWanna dolla?

Strands #44
"On the grid"
🔵🔵🔵🟡
🔵🔵🔵
Nice!
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Strands #45
"The long run"
🟡🔵🔵🔵
💡🔵💡🔵
🔵🔵
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Strands #46
"Sew what?"
💡🔵💡🔵
🔵🔵🟡🔵
🔵🔵
~ Coach Tom Coughlin