News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

14 free agents Giants could sign following the draft

Started by MightyGiants, April 29, 2024, 09:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

I'd be interested in Campbell as a vet leader.

That D is really young.

MightyGiants

A guy not on the list, who I wouldn't mind a reunion-  Linval Joseph
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 29, 2024, 09:24:18 AMA guy not on the list, who I wouldn't mind a reunion-  Linval Joseph

He's 35 years old. How much does he have left in the tank? He had 7 tackles in 7 games last year.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on April 29, 2024, 09:27:33 AMHe's 35 years old. How much does he have left in the tank? He had 7 tackles in 7 games last year.

The Giants could use a part-time veteran DT who can rotate in for some snaps, which I think Joseph is still capable of providing.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

Howard or Campbell if we can sell them on strong upside one year incentive deals are ones I would try hard to get. There are also still second tier guys who could add leadership and rotational depth eg Steven Nelson, Shaq Lawson.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 29, 2024, 09:30:53 AMThe Giants could use a part-time veteran DT who can rotate in for some snaps, which I think Joseph is still capable of providing.

Why are our standards so low?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jclayton92

It's not about having low standards, it's about hopefully Davidson or 1 of the 2 Oregon kids developing into something so you don't hopefully need a big money player at every single other position on the front 7. Seriously every guy starting is either a 1st/2nd rd pick or getting paid millions. It's ok to have 1 vet min in rotation.

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on April 29, 2024, 11:26:00 AMWhy are our standards so low?

The Giants have a front 4 of Dex, Thibs, Burns, and Nacho.  They need a rotational piece at DT and how much do you want to spend on the D-line in terms of salary and picks?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Uncle Mickey

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 29, 2024, 11:31:00 AMThe Giants have a front 4 of Dex, Thibs, Burns, and Nacho.  They need a rotational piece at DT and how much do you want to spend on the D-line in terms of salary and picks?

I am not as hung up on the money aspect as others here. I just think 35 is ancient for non kicker/punters/QBs and that role can be filled by a guy still in his 20's.

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on April 29, 2024, 11:51:24 AMI am not as hung up on the money aspect as others here. I just think 35 is ancient for non kicker/punters/QBs and that role can be filled by a guy still in his 20's.

Your comments got me to go to PFF and look up his grades.  Joseph's grades in the past two seasons with Philly and Buffalo were not good-  59.1 and 43.3 respectively

:doh:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE