News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is this scenario possible ? Jones to Patriots?

Started by brownelvis54, April 20, 2024, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

I heard somewhere, forget if it was me watching NFL network or hearing a podcast, but according to the topic, the Patriots want to move out of the 3rd pick. The team they seem to want to trade with is the Giants. Why? Because the rumor is they want one of the top WRs in the draft and by trading with the Vikings, Raiders or any of the other endless rumored teams would surely knock them out of acquiring one of them. Trading with the Giants to #6 in theory would allow them to get on of the 3 WRs. It is said the Patriots would get draft picks from the Giants and also the deal would have Daniel Jones going to the Patriots as well.

1- I don't see this happening, but it has be thinking, if it did happen. Is there a way to make it happen, the Giants would eat a huge portion of this years contract because I dont see any team eating Jones contract as it stands.
The KING is in the building

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger

If the patriots are dumb enough to trade the 3rd pick overall for the 6th pick and an injury prone underachieving quarterback with a bad quarterback it'll be the most lopsided trade in league history. Sadly I don't think that Pats would be willing to rescue us from our own stupidity.

brownelvis54

Quote from: madbadger on April 20, 2024, 05:04:44 PMIf the patriots are dumb enough to trade the 3rd pick overall for the 6th pick and an injury prone underachieving quarterback with a bad quarterback it'll be the most lopsided trade in league history. Sadly I don't think that Pats would be willing to rescue us from our own stupidity.

It's my understanding Jones would be part of the deal. The trade would involve giving them our second round pick and I believe it was 2025 3rd round pick......

We would get there third round pick

They would get our six round pick

Daniel Jones

This year's second round pick

In 2025/3 round pick
The KING is in the building

LennG

Making a trade like that would be, a miracle for the Giants. PLEASE don't get my hopes up.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Unless the Giants could get their top-rated QB in this draft w/Pick Three, the deal makes no sense for them either. Is it possible? It depends on which QB Washington selects. It's possible, though unlikely, that the one QB they believe is a perfect fit for Daboll's offense and can't-miss NFL star will still be there at Pick Three.

How would the Giants view the situation?  Reportedly, they want to contend NOW and see themselves as having fewer "holes" than we do. They believe that with a healthy Jones (and the few extra pieces they'll get with their six picks) they can contend. They see the Eagles and Cowboys weakening and an opportunity to make some noise.

Do I see it that way? No, but I do see how they could view the team in that manner... if (and only if) their publicly-stated beliefs about Jones are honestly-held.  Trading Jones for a rookie does not fit that scenario, because I seriously doubt they believe a rookie QB (or Lock to start the first few games, then the rookie) are capable of vaulting them into a position to win the division.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!