News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is Daniel Jones $35 Million better than Tyrod Taylor?

Started by True Blue, October 15, 2023, 11:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is there a $35M Difference?

Yes
11 (16.9%)
No
54 (83.1%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: November 14, 2023, 10:31:08 PM

True Blue

Against one of the better defenses in the league, with a patchwork OL that got shuffled again after more injuries tonight, with the same receivers, at the very worst, TT looked just as good as DJ

But imo he is more poised, and looked better, plus he was able to take some shots downfield.

How did he have time to throw when this OL has been so historically bad?

I just don't see enough of a step up to warrant the extra money spent on Jones

andrew_nyGiants

The offense scored 9 points with Barkley back and Hyatt having a presence which freed Slayton.

He blew a chance at points in the 1st half and at the end of the game.

How was he a difference maker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

JT39

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 15, 2023, 11:46:25 PMThe offense scored 9 points with Barkley back and Hyatt having a presence which freed Slayton.

He wasn't. His YPA was under 6. He had a running game. And the OL played very well in the second half. Defense gave him short fields all night.

Trench

Trench

Quote from: JT39 on October 15, 2023, 11:48:29 PMHe wasn't. His YPA was under 6. He had a running game. And the OL played very well in the second half. Defense gave him short fields all night.

Tyrod ran the offense way better simple as that.

JT39

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: JT39 on October 15, 2023, 11:48:29 PMHe wasn't. His YPA was under 6. He had a running game. And the OL played very well in the second half. Defense gave him short fields all night.

He didn't have a running game supporting him. Saquon had two big runs on a single drive that distort the average. For the vast majority of this game the Giants couldn't run the ball effectively. Don't know how you can watch that game and claim otherwise.

Trench

JT39

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on October 15, 2023, 11:52:22 PMHe didn't have a running game supporting him. Saquon had two big runs on a single drive that distort the average. For the vast majority of this game the Giants couldn't run the ball effectively. Don't know how you can watch that game and claim otherwise.

That's more than Jones has gotten all year. They had over 100 yards. Most all year by the RBs.

JT39

Quote from: Trench on October 15, 2023, 11:53:07 PMWould u agree Tyrod played better than Jones has?

Not really. He made a few nice throws. But again. 6 points against a team missing its two best defenders. The play at the end of the half was the worst play made by any player in football all year.

Doc16LT56

Oddly, the makeshift OL played better with Taylor out there. Nothing to do with the QB, though. <sarcasm>

Yes, Kent Graham is an improvement over Danny Kanell it seems.

Messiah717

It just highlighted how mediocre and overpaid Jones is. 

madbadger

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on October 15, 2023, 11:56:03 PMOddly, the makeshift OL played better with Taylor out there. Nothing to do with the QB, though. <sarcasm>

Yes, Kent Graham is an improvement over Danny Kanell it seems.

Bingo. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

JT39

Is this game and indictment of how bad Ezeudu is as well? After Pugh got settled - he was light years better than Ezeudu.

True Blue

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 15, 2023, 11:46:25 PMThe offense scored 9 points with Barkley back and Hyatt having a presence which freed Slayton.

The question was not was TT a difference maker, the question is in the name of the thread.

For that salary they could have signed a G, and upgraded the depth from guys like Peart and Lemieux, and maybe something on the defense