News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Should Jones or Tyrod start next week?

Started by Trench, October 15, 2023, 11:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StompYouOT

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 16, 2023, 12:35:29 PMTo answer the original post, IMO last night showed ONLY that Taylor is (at best) an average BACKUP quarterback. Bob

Huh I think the same thing about Jones.  And he looked way worse than Tyrod.

Fletch

I think it should be obvious who should start. The person who managed a competitive game against one of the best teams in the NFL when everyone was predicting him getting injured behind an o-line and like a 4 TD blow-out. Vegas had the Giants + 15 points. But also made the offense look functional for this first time since I cannot remember.

He not only looked to play good behind an o-line that had the worst line-up in the season by moving Pugh to Left T., -- which everyone was predicting was IMPOSSIBLE TO LOOK GOOD BEHIND-- but managed to almost win the game.

Woody

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 16, 2023, 02:26:47 PMLet's see, Tyrod has started one game with us and he's 0-1. He scored a grand total of 9 points and couldn't score from the 1 yard line at the end of both halves.

Yet we're sitting here talking about how he plays better than Jones at a cheaper price when the $$$ is already spent.

What am I missing here?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good one. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fletch

Quote from: Woody on October 16, 2023, 04:50:23 PMGood one. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gee I don't know maybe that he is playing a team that is predicted to win the Super bowl this year, on the road and that he hasn't started a game in like 3 years. There's that. There is that the person who he's been backing up isn't exactly a TD machine in his own right. There is that. There is the fact that I didn't see constant 3 and outs and like no offense for the first time all season minus the second half of the Cardinals . IS THAT ANY CLEARER?

Uni

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 16, 2023, 02:26:47 PMLet's see, Tyrod has started one game with us and he's 0-1. He scored a grand total of 9 points and couldn't score from the 1 yard line at the end of both halves.

Yet we're sitting here talking about how he plays better than Jones at a cheaper price when the $$$ is already spent.

What am I missing here?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Over 300 yds offense, 10-19 on 3rd down, only 3 sacks, no turnovers

And oh yeah, they didn't score but he did get to the 1 twice, which Jones couldn't do even once against a good team

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Uni on October 16, 2023, 05:55:12 PMOver 300 yds offense, 10-19 on 3rd down, only 3 sacks, no turnovers

And oh yeah, they didn't score but he did get to the 1 twice, which Jones couldn't do even once against a good team

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I think the 3 sacks is a number worth noting. Normally, I find there is a tendency for some fans to equate sacks as always the O line's fault and never the QB's fault. The reality is that that is not always the case. Some QBs are better at manipulating the pocket, anticipating the rush, and processing and getting rid of the ball faster than others. Taylor did a very nice job with all of the above last night. There were multiple folks here who said they thought he would not make it through the game without getting hurt behind the line in the state that it is presently in. Not only was that not the case, but he managed to only take three sacks behind the same O line that people claim makes things completely impossible for Jones. And this is a backup QB making chump change (by NFL QB standards) we're talking about here.

Jaime

Fletch

I'm sure the Bills were expecting a total push over and had jones played is exactly what would have happened.   

Tyrod Taylor scared the xxxx out of them. I'd like to see more from this QB and what he can do with these guys like Pugh and the rest of the o-line  and Waller ; wen del; and WR rookie and Slayton.