News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daboll just said the play at the end of the half…

Started by JT39, October 16, 2023, 12:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

Was 100% on Taylor and he told him to throw the ball. But hey - he was awesome tonight.

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
·
20m
Brian Daboll said Tyrod Taylor alerted to a run on the final play of the first half. Said he communicated to his QB to pass in that situation.

Trench

Quote from: JT39 on October 16, 2023, 12:19:29 AMWas 100% on Taylor and he told him to throw the ball. But hey - he was awesome tonight.

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
·
20m
Brian Daboll said Tyrod Taylor alerted to a run on the final play of the first half. Said he communicated to his QB to pass in that situation.

I point you to Amani Toomer post game comments about Tyrod vs Jones. I wish I knew how to post a link.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: JT39 on October 16, 2023, 12:19:29 AMWas 100% on Taylor and he told him to throw the ball. But hey - he was awesome tonight.

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
·
20m

When a Tyrod Taylor  takes that kind of decision and changes it there should be some consequences.  He ain't no young gunslinger QB trying to exert his will on a team.  He's a lucky to be in the league 35 year old never was, so fortunate to be drawing an NFL salary.

In essence he cost us the game.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

T200

Quote from: Giant Obsession on October 16, 2023, 12:26:42 AMWhen a Tyrod Taylor  takes that kind of decision and changes it there should be some consequences.  He ain't no young gunslinger QB trying to exert his will on a team.  He's a lucky to be in the league 35 year old never was, so fortunate to be drawing an NFL salary.

In essence he cost us the game.
That's a bit harsh but that play was completely on him.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Trench

Quote from: T200 on October 16, 2023, 12:28:13 AMThat's a bit harsh but that play was completely on him.

I think we need to examine the fact Daboll wasted 5 seconds in his joe judge unsure moment. He definitely could've used that time later. Don't even get me started on the shotgun formation call to conservative FG instead of going for a TD

What a far cry from the ballsy guy who went for 2 last year (I think against Carolina) to win the game

Giant Obsession

Quote from: T200 on October 16, 2023, 12:28:13 AMThat's a bit harsh but that play was completely on him.

With respect, when you are a bad, undisciplined team I think perhaps it is time for a little butt chewing by someone other than us fans.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

T200

Quote from: Giant Obsession on October 16, 2023, 12:33:24 AMWith respect, when you are a bad, undisciplined team I think perhaps it is time for a little butt chewing by someone other than us fans.
I meant calling him a 35-year old never was. He's a very capable backup that shows he still has some game left in him.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: T200 on October 16, 2023, 12:36:15 AMI meant calling him a 35-year old never was. He's a very capable backup that shows he still has some game left in him.

You are probably right on that point.  Personally just never had a high opinion of his play going back to his Va. Tech days.
And let's face it, audibling to a run in THAT situation was not very football smart or savvy.  And I am being kind with that statement.  Eli Manning he ain't.
Mike

katkavage

Taylor is a capable backup. Nothing more. The Giants problem is that they have two of those at the most important position on the field. If nothing else, that was apparent last night. Whether one throws a six pick to lose a game or the other makes the wrong call at the goal line. Bottom line: Giants need a top flight NFL QB. They just do not have one now. Not even close.

T200

Quote from: Giant Obsession on October 16, 2023, 12:41:27 AMYou are probably right on that point.  Personally just never had a high opinion of his play going back to his Va. Tech days.
And let's face it, audibling to a run in THAT situation was not very football smart or savvy. And I am being kind with that statement.  Eli Manning he ain't.
100% agree with you. I said as much in the game thread that that was totally on him.

DaveBrown74

Taylor made a huge gaffe at the end of the first half. I'm not going to sugar coat it. The same way I won't sugar coat the reality that he was no less effective in the game overall than Jones has been this year.

bamagiantfan

I know we just paid Jones the be the guy, but I want to know by the end of this season if he is THE GUY. Offensive line issues aside, there are some backups in the league and rookie QBs outplaying him right now. If he is healthy, he plays, especially if Kafka is now going to call plays to move the pocket like he did for Taylor.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

katkavage

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 16, 2023, 06:55:31 AMTaylor made a huge gaffe at the end of the first half. I'm not going to sugar coat it. The same way I won't sugar coat the reality that he was no less effective in the game overall than Jones has been this year.
Agreed. But Daboll must take responsibility for very poor clock management during that drive as well. This is just a reflection on the type of season they are having and, to be blunt, Daboll is having.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on October 16, 2023, 07:11:21 AMAgreed. But Daboll must take responsibility for very poor clock management during that drive as well. This is just a reflection on the type of season they are having and, to be blunt, Daboll is having.

Yup, that's totally fair.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Trench on October 16, 2023, 12:31:54 AMI think we need to examine the fact Daboll wasted 5 seconds in his joe judge unsure moment. He definitely could've used that time later. Don't even get me started on the shotgun formation call to conservative FG instead of going for a TD

What a far cry from the ballsy guy who went for 2 last year (I think against Carolina) to win the game

YES! i thought i was the only one who noticed this. there was like 35 seconds on the clock and he calls a timeout with 27 seconds. we were half a second late getting that ball snapped on the last play. we NEEDED that time. EVERYONE knows you take shots to the end zone there, and if you dont get a td you kick the field goal. unreal. if jones did that you'd NEVER hear the end of it.