News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Yesterday was the epitome of being a Giants fan this past decade

Started by MightyGiants, October 16, 2023, 09:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 16, 2023, 09:39:27 AMThat may be true but since Waller's right hand failed to stop the forward motion of the ball, it's sort of irrelevant
If he gets both hands on the ball, it's a high probability he catches it. He couldn't get both hands on the ball because the defender was holding him. The former official and both commentators said as much. Can't agree that it's irrelevant.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 16, 2023, 09:39:27 AMThat may be true but since Waller's right hand failed to stop the forward motion of the ball, it's sort of irrelevant

https://x.com/NFL_Memes/status/1713776644136050936?s=20
He would have been deeper in the end zone if he wasn't held so he could set and leap for the ball.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

RelaxTension

https://x.com/NFL_Memes/status/1713776644136050936?s=20
Waller couldn't jump either with the defender pulling on him.
Let him jump and he stops the ball better.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

Ed Vette

Quote from: RelaxTension on October 16, 2023, 09:54:22 AMWaller couldn't jump either with the defender pulling on him.
Let him jump and he stops the ball better.
Can't jump when you're being held.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

H-Town G-Fan

I think epitome of being a Giants fan would be winning this game... Then finding out it was the difference in draft position to get a blue chipper. They had no business winning this game and their prospects for the season are shot. Of course I wanted them to come out on top, but I'm mostly numb to them losing at this point (had lots of practice in recent years).

Gmo11

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on October 16, 2023, 10:11:08 AMI think epitome of being a Giants fan would be winning this game... Then finding out it was the difference in draft position to get a blue chipper. They had no business winning this game and their prospects for the season are shot. Of course I wanted them to come out on top, but I'm mostly numb to them losing at this point (had lots of practice in recent years).

It's such a confusing feeling watching these games.  In the moment I'm rooting like hell for them to pull off a miracle win if for no other reason than we get a week where we don't have to listen to the  football world laughing at how pathetic this team is...all while at the same time knowing that losing is likely better for the future of the franchise and since this season is a lost cause it's time to start looking towards 2024 and beyond.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on October 16, 2023, 10:11:08 AMI think epitome of being a Giants fan would be winning this game... Then finding out it was the difference in draft position to get a blue chipper. They had no business winning this game and their prospects for the season are shot. Of course I wanted them to come out on top, but I'm mostly numb to them losing at this point (had lots of practice in recent years).

I simply can't ever root against them during the game, but I do think losing (at this point) is better for the team than winning. I also think the time has come to start trying to move veterans not in the long term plans for draft capital.

We're 1-5. The season is over. Time to own that and start trying to optimize the future.

expatriot

MightyGiants

Guys, I do not see Waller's path or jump being hampered.  I mean, the man weighs 240 pounds. It will take more than that amount of tugging on this jersey to impact what he was trying to do.

I agree by the standards the NFL sets for PI, it should have been called.  I just don't see how the outcome would have been different without the small tug on the jersey.

https://x.com/ThisIsNotZain/status/1713764212885877134?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

Just this decade? I've been a die-hard since 1965. This kind of loss has happened every decade since, and usually multiple times per season. Just for starters anyone remember Mark Mosely? A couple of weeks ago I compiled a won-loss regular season record since 65'. They are 420-474. This is a historically below .500 team despite the 4 SB wins. Then there are the refs. Two horrendous calls, the illegal downfield on Neil, and the just inexcusably bad call for roughing the passer on Okerere. For that call alone the ref should be required to cut up and swallow his yellow flag. The refs weren't going to give the Giants two chances to win at the end even if the Bill DB tied Waller's hands with a rope. On the last play how about a handoff to Barkley and he goes airborne. If the iggles can do the Tush Push why couldn't the Giants send SB over the top like in a Mosh Pit?

MightyGiants

Quote from: files58 on October 16, 2023, 11:02:56 AMJust this decade? I've been a die-hard since 1965. This kind of loss has happened every decade since, and usually multiple times per season. Just for starters anyone remember Mark Mosely? A couple of weeks ago I compiled a won-loss regular season record since 65'. They are 420-474. This is a historically below .500 team despite the 4 SB wins. Then there are the refs. Two horrendous calls, the illegal downfield on Neil, and the just inexcusably bad call for roughing the passer on Okerere. For that call alone the ref should be required to cut up and swallow his yellow flag. The refs weren't going to give the Giants two chances to win at the end even if the Bill DB tied Waller's hands with a rope. On the last play how about a handoff to Barkley and he goes airborne. If the iggles can do the Tush Push why couldn't the Giants send SB over the top like in a Mosh Pit?

I think you make some good points.  Although in fairness, it's hard to cry too much with 4 SB Trophies in the case.  That's why I limited it to just the past decade.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

expatriot

Looking at that replay it is definitely PI, it kept him from moving back enough to make the catch.  DB not looking back at the ball either.  Total blown call.  Glad I didn't watch I would have lost a nights sleep for real.

files58

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 16, 2023, 11:06:18 AMI think you make some good points.  Although in fairness, it's hard to cry too much with 4 SB Trophies in the case.  That's why I limited it to just the past decade.

Thanks. The four SB wins does mitigate the aggravation. I LOLed when Pugh during introductions said he was from "off the couch". Hysterical and witty.