News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hydrogen-powered jet set to take to the sky

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 16, 2024, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I find this area of engineering to be intriguing, to say the least. A company called "Sirius" has developed two different hydrogen-fueled aircraft that is going through testing and will debut next year. It will be the first zero-emission jet with long range capability. For now, it is only "Business Jet" size, but larger sizes are planned. It has vertical takeoff and landing capabilities like a helicopter. This area of technology is fascinating...to me anyway. I really hope hydrogen is the future of energy propulsion. I have too much money wrapped up in hydrogen companies' stock while betting on it.    :crazy:

https://www.hydrogeninsight.com/transport/formula-1-engineering-swiss-start-up-unveils-futuristic-hydrogen-powered-passenger-aircraft/2-1-1582110
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

You're talking to the Choir. Hydrogen should have been the way to go.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin