News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

POLL- is there a prospect you don't want drafted at 6? (now with QB Drake Maye)

Started by MightyGiants, April 07, 2024, 04:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is there a prospect you don't want the Giants to draft at 6?

You may only select up to 7 options.

MightyGiants

Which (if any) of these prospects would you not want to see the Giants draft at 6?  You can vote for multiple prospects
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Alt is a wtf pick.

I would really be disappointed in a Nabers pick as well. I think he has the biggest chance to possibly fall of the top 7.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 07, 2024, 04:26:17 PMAlt is a wtf pick.

I would really be disappointed in a Nabers pick as well. I think he has the biggest chance to possibly fall of the top 7.

I am sort of torn on Nabers.  I appreciate he has serious character concerns, but his abilities are off the charts.  I would like to think if the Giants drafted him, they would have a plan for how to manage him and keep him out of trouble.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 07, 2024, 04:27:48 PMI am sort of torn on Nabers.  I appreciate he has serious character concerns, but his abilities are off the charts.  I would like to think if the Giants drafted him, they would have a plan for how to manage him and keep him out of trouble.

"Everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face" Mike Tyson
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

katkavage

I wouldn't mind Penix, but not at 6. The receivers are good but won't translate to Giants wins without a QB.

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

I didn't pick any of these. I'm not a hard no on any of them.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 07, 2024, 04:27:48 PMI am sort of torn on Nabers.  I appreciate he has serious character concerns, but his abilities are off the charts.  I would like to think if the Giants drafted him, they would have a plan for how to manage him and keep him out of trouble.

They didn't for Baker or Toney, so this is a little bit of the triumph of hope over experience.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Brooklyn Dave

What are his ," serious character flaws that you know about " ?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on April 08, 2024, 08:29:23 AMWhat are his ," serious character flaws that you know about " ?

There is an arrest for a concealed unlicensed gun in New Orleans (the prosecutor dropped the case but got in trouble for dropping this and other cases).

There is NFL Insider Tony Pauline:

Finally, I heard other stuff from a reliable source, but I don't have permission to share it publicly.  I will just say that I suspect Tony Pauline heard the same or something similar, which is why he posted what he did.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 08, 2024, 10:02:29 AMThere is an arrest for a concealed unlicensed gun in New Orleans (the prosecutor dropped the case but got in trouble for dropping this and other cases).

There is NFL Insider Tony Pauline:

Finally, I heard other stuff from a reliable source, but I don't have permission to share it publicly.  I will just say that I suspect Tony Pauline heard the same or something similar, which is why he posted what he did.

Another interesting development, former head of scouting Greg Gabriel called BS on the Nabers claims (on Twitter).  Then Greg quietly deleted his Tweet, like someone reached out to him and let him know there was fire causing that smoke.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Rich: I like your poll better than mine, though they "take the temperature" on two entirely different things. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 08, 2024, 10:58:57 AMRich: I like your poll better than mine, though they "take the temperature" on two entirely different things. Bob

You're too kind, Bob. My poll is flawed, as I meant to include Maye on the list (I realized I missed him too late to add him).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 08, 2024, 11:04:57 AMYou're too kind, Bob. My poll is flawed, as I meant to include Maye on the list (I realized I missed him too late to add him).
My flaw was not putting the question in the title (or at least including the word "poll" as you did). Also, for me (with not great vision) the question on the poll screen is in reverse print on my PC (the words are in white against a colored background, which cause me - at least - to not actually see it unless I know it's there). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Painter

I do have my preference but, not only does it count for diddlysquat, it also doesn't address the question. Fortunately, I don't feel pressed to do so as none of the 7 or 8 possibles including the 2 or 3 most probable seem likely to cause anything like a remote throw.

Cheers!