News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

POLL- is there a prospect you don't want drafted at 6? (now with QB Drake Maye)

Started by MightyGiants, April 07, 2024, 04:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is there a prospect you don't want the Giants to draft at 6?

You may only select up to 7 options.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 08, 2024, 10:02:29 AMThere is an arrest for a concealed unlicensed gun in New Orleans (the prosecutor dropped the case but got in trouble for dropping this and other cases).

There is NFL Insider Tony Pauline:

Finally, I heard other stuff from a reliable source, but I don't have permission to share it publicly.  I will just say that I suspect Tony Pauline heard the same or something similar, which is why he posted what he did.

Thanks

GloryDays

I understand many here clearly want one of the top QB or WR prospects, but considering the number of holes we have to fill, plus the known failure stats of any pick, do you guys not see the value of trading back for more ammunition to fill the holes correctly? or is it because it takes at least two to trade, compared to just making the pick of one player being there at our turn?

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

Jclayton92

Quote from: GloryDays on April 08, 2024, 05:07:26 PMI understand many here clearly want one of the top QB or WR prospects, but considering the number of holes we have to fill, plus the known failure stats of any pick, do you guys not see the value of trading back for more ammunition to fill the holes correctly? or is it because it takes at least two to trade, compared to just making the pick of one player being there at our turn?
This class has zero depth, so trading back as opposed to getting a blue chip prospect would be a hard pill to swallow as you would like get significantly less in return.

GloryDays

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 08, 2024, 07:20:04 PMThis class has zero depth, so trading back as opposed to getting a blue chip prospect would be a hard pill to swallow as you would like get significantly less in return.
I am a bit surprised... Do you think Ladd McConkey who is ranked in the 20s and 30s by draft media pundits, is that much below those top 3 WRs? or The OTs Fuaga and Latham, are much below Alt in ability?

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 08, 2024, 07:20:04 PMThis class has zero depth, so trading back as opposed to getting a blue chip prospect would be a hard pill to swallow as you would like get significantly less in return.

Your assessment of the depth of this draft is at odds with a lot of things I've read.

And in the Giants' case, 2 red chips + a pink chip > 1 blue chip because they need to add talent at a lot of positions.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 08, 2024, 09:56:29 PMYour assessment of the depth of this draft is at odds with a lot of things I've read.

And in the Giants' case, 2 red chips + a pink chip > 1 blue chip because they need to add talent at a lot of positions.
There's basically 70-90 prospects that would be taken in a traditional draft. The rest of the prospects are 6th, 7th, and UDFA level talent that we would be taking in the 4th and 5th. NIL and Covid has made this one of the worst drafts for depth in a decade. I know @MightyGiants has posted on this a few times as well, about the overall depth of this class.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 09, 2024, 03:07:12 PMThere's basically 70-90 prospects that would be taken in a traditional draft. The rest of the prospects are 6th, 7th, and UDFA level talent that we would be taking in the 4th and 5th. NIL and Covid has made this one of the worst drafts for depth in a decade. I know @MightyGiants has posted on this a few times as well, about the overall depth of this class.

@AZGiantFan I know at least Nagy (who does the Senior Bowl) said there really isn't much in the way of day 3 talent
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 09, 2024, 03:08:26 PM@AZGiantFan I know at least Nagy (who does the Senior Bowl) said there really isn't much in the way of day 3 talent

I'm not looking for them to trade down from 6 for day 3 draft picks, so I don't think that is relevant.

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 09, 2024, 03:07:12 PMThere's basically 70-90 prospects that would be taken in a traditional draft. The rest of the prospects are 6th, 7th, and UDFA level talent that we would be taking in the 4th and 5th. NIL and Covid has made this one of the worst drafts for depth in a decade. I know @MightyGiants has posted on this a few times as well, about the overall depth of this class.

I certainly don't want, and wouldn't expect, them to trade down from 6 for 4th and 5th round picks.

Not slowing my roll