News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ten players who (one way or another) might be there for the Giants.

Started by Bob In PA, April 08, 2024, 06:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Some players never fall to pick six in the experts' mock drafts, but in at least 1 or 2 scenarios, these ten do (listed in alphabetical order).  Which one do you hope, most of all, will be there for the Giants?

Bob In PA

Don't forget to read the question, which is not in the title. It appears at the top of the list of names on the poll screen.  Guests can vote (as well as members).

As most members may know by now, my vote is Harrison.  He knows what to do after he gets punched in the face (which he will in the NFL).

My second vote would have gone to Odunze, because he knows how to punch defenders in the face. I'm just not sure how he'll react to being the recipient of a punch in the face (which seldom, if ever, happened to him in college).

Bob

PS. According to my research and conversations, any of the 10 guys listed in the poll could go before the sixth pick of the 1st round (team needs do vary).
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jolly Blue Giant

For me (just a fan), I would like us to finally get a stud receiver. I don't want a QB and then wait two or three years to find out if he was good enough. I believe that Harrison is the cream of the crop, and not just by a small margin. After Harrison, I like Odunze, and then a toss up between Nabors and Bowers. If we go in a different direction than receiver with our first pick, I like Adonai Mitchell (assuming we trade down to the middle or late first) and if we wait until the second round, I hope Malachi Corley is still available. But those are consolation prizes IMO

If we get Harrison, I will do a happy dance in the living room

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

katkavage

Daniels. QB is the team's biggest need. He would not be a reach at 6. I would much  rather kick the can on a receiver and get one in a later rounds or with a top pick next year than bypass a much more difficult position to fix.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: katkavage on April 08, 2024, 08:03:03 AMDaniels. QB is the team's biggest need. He would not be a reach at 6. I would much  rather kick the can on a receiver and get one in a later rounds or with a top pick next year than bypass a much more difficult position to fix.

Not sure what you mean. Daniels will not be around at #6 . The Commanders or Pats will take him. Are you suggesting that we trade up for him ?

katkavage

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on April 08, 2024, 08:27:32 AMNot sure what you mean. Daniels will not be around at #6 . The Commanders or Pats will take him. Are you suggesting that we trade up for him ?
No, I'm saying that if he is there at 6, which I think was the poll question, take him because it wouldn't be a reach. And if Schoen and Daboll think he is worth trading up for, yes. Do it. QB is the team's biggest need.

T200

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on April 08, 2024, 08:27:32 AMNot sure what you mean. Daniels will not be around at #6 . The Commanders or Pats will take him. Are you suggesting that we trade up for him ?
The caveat of the poll is if, hypothetically of course, one of these 10 players fall to #6, which would you hope does.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bob In PA

B-Dave: Daniels is still there at six in at least two of the "expert" mock drafts. I'll agree it's highly unlikely, but it's also highly unlikely one of the other QB's and two of the WR's named in the poll won't be there either. No, I'm not suggesting that we trade up. I'm just saying not every expert agrees Daniels will be gone. So I assume that if lightning strikes and he's still there, you would take him. Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: katkavage on April 08, 2024, 08:39:45 AMNo, I'm saying that if he is there at 6, which I think was the poll question, take him because it wouldn't be a reach. And if Schoen and Daboll think he is worth trading up for, yes. Do it. QB is the team's biggest need.
Kat: You're right. I take the blame for not putting the question in the title also (although it does appear atop the list of ten names on the poll screen. Also, I agree with your reasoning, if the Giants actually like Daniels. He is still my top QB in this draft, because I believe his skill set is best suiting to "modern-day" NFL. Bob

DaveBrown74

Daniels for me.

Easy one. And I fully appreciate that there are risks with him.