News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A couple of HOFers share their draft insights

Started by MightyGiants, April 09, 2024, 12:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

How 'Type' Grading System Allows Teams To Reduce Bust Risk In NFL Draft

By Bill Parcells

Hall of Fame Head Coach

https://www.the33rdteam.com/how-type-grading-system-allows-nfl-teams-to-limit-drafting-mistakes/

How NFL Teams Prepare Their Final Draft Board

By Bill Polian

Hall of Fame Team Executive

https://www.the33rdteam.com/how-nfl-teams-prepare-their-final-draft-board/

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

If you look at what Schoen has done so far then IMO you see quite a lot of Parcells type prototyping but with a sprinkling of dog-pound exceptionalism on height (Wandale most obviously) or speed (Gray). There might be a trend that he has more willingness to make exceptions on weight at speed dependent positions (WR, CB).
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

Quote from: londonblue on April 09, 2024, 12:45:01 PMIf you look at what Schoen has done so far then IMO you see quite a lot of Parcells type prototyping but with a sprinkling of dog-pound exceptionalism on height (Wandale most obviously) or speed (Gray). There might be a trend that he has more willingness to make exceptions on weight at speed dependent positions (WR, CB).

Don't forget Flott was a weight exception
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

I didn't forget Mighty hence my last sentence. I think speed might trump bulk for Schoen at WR, CB looking at Flott, Hyatt as examples. Of course it might just be a case of limited information from two drafts, neither of which were necessarily perceived as deep on prototypical prospects in the mid rounds which could lead to more 'exceptions'.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.