News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

"who are the Giants going to funnel their offense through"

Started by MightyGiants, April 10, 2024, 08:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I heard this discussed on NFL radio recently.   I will say, I generally like NFL radio as it's a bit higher in FB IQ than most broadcast sports/football media.   That said, I thought this was the silliest concept I had heard in some time.  The on-air talent (not sure who was on) was talking about how the offense was funneled through Barkley, and now that he was gone, who would it go through?

Having a pretty good idea of how coaches create a season's playbook and how they develop game plans, I was incredulous that a coach (or GM), instead of thinking about how to attack or defend an opponent, was instead looking down his roster thinking, "who will I funnel my offense through."

I appreciate this is the silly season and the quality of topics often are sacrificed on the alter of content needed, but I expected better from the on-air talent which usually is a team-up of a former NFL person and a media person
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

The short answer is the QB. The offense will go as the QB goes. The receiver that he develops the most chemistry with will probably get most of the targets.

The offensive line will probably determine if the offense is run or pass heavy. If they can run block well and Singletary and Co. can get 4+ YPC, it'll help the QB immensely.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: