News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How would you feel if Giants draft OT at 6?

Started by Philosophers, April 10, 2024, 03:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 11, 2024, 09:52:42 AMRich: Assuming the OL selected would be Joe Alt, who also is very good at guard, I can see a plan to put him next to Andrew Thomas for one year until the make a final decision about Evan Neal. This would give the line five good players who are young enough to stay together for at least five years.

Thomas, Alt, JMS, Runyon, Elueminor(or Neal) (to start the season) with the "worst" possible scenario being that Neal fails and/or Elueminor (29 years of age) can't go forever but they have Alt as a backup.

This is a group that could make some noise in the NFL with a little good luck avoiding the injury bug.

Bob

Bob,

I can't see Evan Neal getting a full season at OT unless he plays well right from the jump. It's not even certain he'll play OT at all.

If they do put him in at OT, and he is bad again, I think he'll be out pretty quickly. Eleumanor was brought in for that reason.

Philosophers

Yes Neals leash will be short.  A game 1 of "Ole" with Edges will see him go straight to the bench.

andrew_nyGiants

I don't object to an OL in the 1st. But I would only do it after a trade down to the 9th-15th pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: jimc on April 11, 2024, 06:24:07 AMI'd be shocked. I don't believe the FO has the appetite for taking a LT in the first round and trying to convert him to a RT again.

I'm right-handed and I broke my right wrist in January.  So I am in complete agreement about the difficulties of switching an OT from one side to the other, if you know what I mean.  Thank goodness for bidets, but there are no OT bidets for them to fall back on.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

4 Aces

The Giants can barely hold up for 3-step drops right now. As Schoen said - it's embarrassing. If the Giants truly want to be a passing team, Joe Alt makes a ton of sense.

You can say that's too much spent on the OL, but if that's the cost to finally being allowed to run your offense, so be it.

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 11, 2024, 09:34:36 AMI would be unhappy.  The Giants already have very good left tackle.  After that, the contribution to victory between an elite lineman and a solid lineman does not justify using such a high draft pick, in my opinion.
your WORST OLineman is more important than your best as the worst is who the D will attack.