News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A proposed trade scenario with the Bills

Started by MightyGiants, April 11, 2024, 02:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

This was an article on the Athletic.  The idea is that the Bills trade up with the Giants to land an elite WR prospect to replace Diggs (and perhaps extend their window)

Here is the proposed trade

Bills receive: 2024 first-round pick (No. 6) and 2025 seventh-round pick
Giants receive: 2024 first-round pick (No. 28), 2024 second-round pick (No. 60), 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 128) and 2025 first-round pick

If you were Schoen, would you take this deal?

https://theathletic.com/5402440/2024/04/11/nfl-draft-mock-trade-bills-giants-stefon-diggs/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

Steep drop. Probability is that 2025 pick is in the 20s. But if there was another bad season for the Giants in 2024-2025, could that additional 1st rounder help facilitate a trade up for a QB (if they weren't already in position)? I would imagine Schoen is considering such possibilities. If I'm the Giants, I stay pat at pick number 6.

Ed Vette

The Bills don't have a third round pick so that would take them out of the draft until the 5th round. They would be stupid to make that trade when they can get a good Receiver in the second round.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on April 11, 2024, 02:29:27 PMSteep drop. Probability is that 2025 pick is in the 20s. But if there was another bad season for the Giants in 2024-2025, could that additional 1st rounder help facilitate a trade up for a QB (if they weren't already in position)? I would imagine Schoen is considering such possibilities. If I'm the Giants, I stay pat at pick number 6.
H-T: Same conclusion, slightly different reason. IMO, picking from the low 1st round (especially if draft depth doesn't match your team's needs) is the highest bust-per-dollar spot in the draft (which is already a super-high-risk endeavor). I'd also refuse such a trade. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

I take that pic in a second unless there's a QB at 6 available.

With that trade I secure a WR like Adonai Mitchell plus plug 2 defensive holes in round 2, get a RB or safety in 3rd round and a Guard in round 4.

In 2025 I now have two first to go get a QB but with a better fielding team than now.

GloryDays

I would push to change the 4th to a 3rd, but would do it anyway... Ladd McConkey with that lower 1st,Plus DL Fiske or Robinson with the 2nd, RB Shipley with the 4th.. plus their 1 next year... vs a higher RATED wr. The answer is clear to me.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 11, 2024, 02:21:53 PMThis was an article on the Athletic.  The idea is that the Bills trade up with the Giants to land an elite WR prospect to replace Diggs (and perhaps extend their window)

Giants receive: 2024 first-round pick (No. 28), 2024 second-round pick (No. 60), 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 128) and 2025 first-round pick

https://theathletic.com/5402440/2024/04/11/nfl-draft-mock-trade-bills-giants-stefon-diggs/

Yes
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

londonblue

No.

Giants have lots of league average players and very few difference makers. The odds on getting an elite player at 28 or 60 are against us. I'd want two future 1s and the 2024 R2 to even think about it.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

Quote from: londonblue on April 11, 2024, 03:11:18 PMNo.

Giants have lots of league average players and very few difference makers. The odds on getting an elite player at 28 or 60 are against us. I'd want two future 1s and the 2024 R2 to even think about it.

I think you make a solid point.  However, I ran this trade through a mock draft simulator.  The team might once get an elite prospect, but all those picks sure allow a lot of holes to be addressed (WR, CB, 3 tech DI, S, RB, TE
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Obsession

I propose we just get it over with and MERGE the Bills and the Giants.

Give me a new expansion team, I am getting sick of the back and forth.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 11, 2024, 02:21:53 PMThis was an article on the Athletic.  The idea is that the Bills trade up with the Giants to land an elite WR prospect to replace Diggs (and perhaps extend their window)

Yes but only if all of the quarterbacks we covet are gone by the 6th pick, and we can use some of that capital to move back into the top 15 and still retain next years first round pick.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Giant Obsession on April 11, 2024, 04:26:25 PMI propose we just get it over with and MERGE the Bills and the Giants.

Give me a new expansion team, I am getting sick of the back and forth.
Exactly.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

I would give back the 4th rounder and demand an additional 1st in 2026.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Gmo11

I think if the Giants don't have a QB available at 6 they would make that trade in half a second.  I'd guess that with their later 1st rounder they target their preference of Penix/Nix and then have a bunch of other stuff to play with after that.  If they were not to make the deal they would likely have to trade up in Round 2 if they wanted to get Nix/Penix and that would mean even less picks for them.  The only way I would see them not doing that deal is if they really love a QB that's still available at 6 and since it seems like the only one that might still be there is Maye, I think (hope) they'd take the deal.