News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Quirk of the 2024 schedule

Started by LennG, May 18, 2024, 09:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Chiefs Schedule Includes Games on Every Day of Week Except Tuesday in 2024 NFL Season

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/chiefs-schedule-includes-games-on-every-day-of-week-except-tuesday-in-2024-nfl-season/ar-BB1mDhxs?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=2f3a592d4f7e499b982c21bc8bbaff75&ei=73

The KC Chiefs are the only team to play on every day of the week except on a Tuesday in 2024
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

That's really peculiar.

I would prefer that every single NFL game played every week always be on Sunday. I am sure plenty disagree with me on that including the league and its ratings experts, but it would make things better for the players and coaches, and in many respects for the fans too. I appreciate that it means fans are going to watch fewer games in real time, but serious fans can still watch their team play plus two other games on Sunday if they choose to. I also like having the anticipation build up all week and then getting flooded with information/stimuli on Sundays.

With all of the above said I understand why the league does what it does with spreading these games out more. I'm not going to condemn them for it, but I wish it were just Sundays personally.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on Today at 07:50:09 AMThat's really peculiar.

I would prefer that every single NFL game played every week always be on Sunday. I am sure plenty disagree with me on that including the league and its ratings experts, but it would make things better for the players and coaches, and in many respects for the fans too. I appreciate that it means fans are going to watch fewer games in real time, but serious fans can still watch their team play plus two other games on Sunday if they choose to. I also like having the anticipation build up all week and then getting flooded with information/stimuli on Sundays.

With all of the above said I understand why the league does what it does with spreading these games out more. I'm not going to condemn them for it, but I wish it were just Sundays personally.

I'm on board with your games on Sundays but I'd add that I used to like the Giants' schedule back in the 1980s when they would have early Saturday games at Giants Stadium on the last week, or next or last week, of the regular season.

But with today's world of information overload, and the schedule quirks you mentioned, I really don't mind as a "casual fan" when I watch the other games when I have nothing else to do. But I do enjoy the Giants' games most when kickoff is at 10 AM MST in Arizona during Daylight Savings Time for the rest of the country, and 11 AM when everyone else returns to standard time (i.e. the 1:00 PM kickoff).

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)