News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Jim

sorry but a movie like The Exorcist is every bit a #1 classic movie. Sure there are very few Citizen Kanes, but The Exorcist is again every bit as classic as Rear Window, High Noon, etc. When a movie is constantly rated in the top percentage of movies and always appears on everyone's best movie list, it is more than 'just another classic movie. For some reason, you don't want to embrace more modern movies and give them their due as true classics, but they are regardless.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Lenny, i just never considered "The Exorcist" a Classic.  I own it but am not enamored of it.  First off, the story is fiction, written by Peter Blatty, a Jesuit student; so, I question it's religion background.  Second, althouigh it's scary, sometimes it's way over the top; e.g., the head twirling around.  If I want my chills from a movie, I'll take "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" (not a Classic) which is based on true story from an actual case in Canada.  It supplies plenty of chills & yet stays close on concerning it's religious base.

jimv

First line AND tag line:

"People come, people go.  Nothing ever happens."

philo43

Quote from: jimv on November 05, 2020, 02:44:17 PM
First line AND tag line:

Not fair Jim, you are posting quotes from movies that were 55+ years before I was born and Lenn in his mid 30's paid a nickel to see them in a theater!!! ;) :D

LennG

Quote from: philo43 on November 05, 2020, 04:12:03 PM
Not fair Jim, you are posting quotes from movies that were 55+ years before I was born and Lenn in his mid 30's paid a nickel to see them in a theater!!! ;) :D

Funny.

I have posted many movies from a much later period. In fact, most of the last bunch of movies were from the last 25 years or so.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

OK, I'll give a hint.

The film was made the year I was born!

jimv

Here's a soft softball (I might've used it before):

Tag line:  "Achoo!"

philo43

Quote from: jimv on November 05, 2020, 02:44:17 PM
First line AND tag line:

Grand Hotel (1932?)

philo43

Quote from: jimv on November 06, 2020, 12:00:47 AM
Here's a soft softball (I might've used it before):

Tag line:  "Achoo!"

Only thing I can think of is Mel Brook's Men in Tights

jimv

No, that's not it.  Besides, I have to amend the quote.  It should be

"Achoo!"
"Gesundheit."

Sorry.

jimv

philo43

Quote from: jimv on November 06, 2020, 11:00:41 AM
Take away the question mark.  You've got it! <:-P

So you are 35 year younger than Lenn?  I understand he thinks Fatty Arbuckle is the greatest actor of all time!!! =)) =)) =)) =))

jimv

Another softball:

"You can do it, Jimmy!"

jimv

1.  "If you ain't eatin' Wham, you ain't eatin' ham."

2.  "I ain't goin' down no more!"

philo43

Quote from: jimv on November 07, 2020, 04:25:34 PM
1.  "If you ain't eatin' Wham, you ain't eatin' ham."

2.  "I ain't goin' down no more!"

I gave it a day to see if anyone else got it.

1. My wife is is huge Carey Grant fan and we watched this 2 weeks ago - Mr Blanding Builds His Dream House

2.  Rocky 2 - classic line in a brutal beat down sequence.