News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

A softball:

"It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done.  It's a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known."

LennG

Quote from: LennG on April 26, 2021, 07:04:31 PM

Another pretty easy one

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it or learn from it "

Quote is from The Lion King
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: jimv on April 28, 2021, 10:29:27 PM
A softball:

"It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done.  It's a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known."

I know the quote from something, but for me, this is NO softball.

Robin Hood???

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Not a softball but I think Jim should get it

"Listen to me, every one of you! Never again will you dare - in my presence - to condone your crimes under the mask of patriotism. No more of such talk, do you hear? And for the future let me warn you... that any unwarranted attack upon the person or property of Spanish subjects will cost the guilty party his head! His head, is that clear?"

Hint--an oldie

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on May 03, 2021, 01:22:11 PM
I know the quote from something, but for me, this is NO softball.

Robin Hood???

It's also a quote from the famous novel written by a famous author that the movie is based on.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on May 03, 2021, 03:08:50 PM
It's also a quote from the famous novel written by a famous author that the movie is based on.

As I said, I know of the quote, but have no idea what movie it comes from.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on May 03, 2021, 04:04:22 PM
As I said, I know of the quote, but have no idea what movie it comes from.

Tale of Two Cities.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on May 03, 2021, 07:04:08 PM

Tale of Two Cities.

Did read the book--hated it so I probably never saw the movie.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on May 03, 2021, 01:23:02 PM
Not a softball but I think Jim should get it

"Listen to me, every one of you! Never again will you dare - in my presence - to condone your crimes under the mask of patriotism. No more of such talk, do you hear? And for the future let me warn you... that any unwarranted attack upon the person or property of Spanish subjects will cost the guilty party his head! His head, is that clear?"

Hint--an oldie

Jim

You haven't answered this one. I really thought you would get this one. Right up your alley.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

I'm sorry , Lenny.  It just doesn't register.

LennG

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on May 06, 2021, 01:42:04 PM
The Sea Hawk

WOW!!! Redfaced Redfaced Redfaced   I was thinking it might be "The Black Swan."

LennG

It was said by the Queen to the Sea Hawks, mostly aimed at Errol Flynn.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

"What the world needs is more fuddle."

jimv

"Imagine me in that."
"I can't imagine.
"At the Waldorf with Frankie singing.
"I can't imagine.'
"Oh, you. You're so uncooperative I could slam you!"