News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The BBH/Big Hitter's Corner Podcast w/Ceri Dovey: 2024 Pre-Draft Offense

Started by bighitterdalama, April 16, 2024, 05:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

Hi All! Just finished recording my latest podcast, featuring BBH Draft Analyst Ceri Dovey, AKA UKGiantsfan. In this podcast, Ceri and I discuss the offensive prospects in the upcoming draft and how they might be fit with the Giants. Total run time is 30:50. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/user-826565332/2024-pre-draft-ceri-offense-mixdown-1

UKGiantsFan

Great job in getting it out so quickly, Brian.  Hope everyone enjoys it!

Bob In PA

Nice job, guys. I believe it was vital to emphasize that the Giants have only six picks (as you did).

If AT LEAST two or three under-performing (or unavailable due to injury) players from Schoen's first two drafts don't take a big step up this season, we'll find ourselves right back where we are now.... at this time next year.

The combination of (a) very few draft picks plus (b) under-production from too many of his first two drafts means IMO that Schoen MUST try to hit a home run this year. If he had kept his early 2nd-rounder he'd have had two shots at the target plus the ability to trade up from Pick Six, but IMO that ship has sailed.

The best answer is likley to stay put at Pick Six and plan to trade up from their relatively low 2nd-round position to the bottom of the 1st round or top of the 2nd, depending on which position they fill with Pick Six.  Using this strategy, I think they can come out of the first two rounds with either a top WR and second-tier QB or a top QB and second-tier WR. And if all that sounds a bit dire and desperate... well, sadly, it is.

Staying put in the first round WILL without doubt get them at least the 2nd-best WR, so that's where I think they'll go.  That probably means trading up to the top of round two to take the best-available OL (and looking for a project QB after round 2), unless a tier-two QB falls far enough to justify using (for example) a high 2nd-rounder obtained by trading up.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Painter

As always, well done, guys.

My impression is that the sum of needs, costs and performance estimates, barring a math failure, will sustain the current Mock Draft consensus of a WR1 being either Nabers or Odunze which I then see as matter of our exhaustively analyzed, bias-free personal preference.  <:-P

Cheers!