News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who do you have?

Started by Jclayton92, April 30, 2024, 09:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jclayton92

Who Starts? As the roster stands today before we have any camp cuts or additional signings there are several spots up for grabs. I'm going to list the open positions as I see them and tell you who I project to start, could be a dark horse candidate, or maybe the answer is not on the roster currently.

Who do you have currently?

1. CB2- I actually have Flott starting here over McCloud, Robinson, Hawkins, and Phillips.

2. Slot- Currently I have Phillips as my starter in the slot with Belton as the heavy nickel and Mills as the 4th corner in dime packages.

3. Safety- I have Pinnock locked into the FS spot and Nubin penciled in as the SS with Belton being the 3rd while backing up Nubin and Owens backing up Pinnock. I think Mills floats which is why I don't have him listed here.

4. MLB2- Isaiah Simmons, I think our DC finally places Simmons in a starting role with Muassu technically being behind him and McFadden behind Bobby OK

5. LDE- I have Dex and RNR starting, I have Riley taking snaps at LDE until we sign someone to compete with Davidson and Phillips rotating with the 3. I expect 2 signings here.

6. WR lineup- To start the season I don't have Nabers in the starting lineup. I have Slayton X, Wandale slot, Hyatt Z, and McKenzie as the top 4. Daboll has brought every Wr he's drafted in slow and made them earn time. I think that us your top 4 with Nabers taking reps at every position slowly getting sprinkled in.

RB2- We have Singletary, he's the defacto but number 2 is wide open. One of the backs is going to show out in preseason and be that guy and my guess is Miller with Tracy as number 3. I think Gray got in the dog house last season and until he gets out I have to choose someone else.

TE- I am acting like Waller isn't coming back so I am taking Theo Johnson over Bellinger. My reasoning for that is them drafting Bellinger and then after his solid rookie year the trade for Waller, then the next year sign 2 TEs and draft another one. Obviously they don't like what they got with Bellinger and so if Theo shows a spark I look for him to get the nod over Bellinger.

Who do you have? Any darkhorses? Any players you see taking the next step?

For reference I didn't touch the Oline as I see it as Thomas, Runyan, JMS, Elemeunor, Neal until I see otherwise so there's not much to discuss.

gregf

Nice list J.  I'd be disappointed if Nabers does not get at least half the starting reps at WR from game 1. I like Elumenor at RT. This will be the best competition in camp to watch. I agree that DT depth needs help. I think Bellinger holds the starting TE spot, don't need rookie blocking mistakes. RB#2 will be fun to watch too.

todge

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 30, 2024, 09:03:10 PMWho Starts? As the roster stands today before we have any camp cuts or additional signings there are several spots up for grabs. I'm going to list the open positions as I see them and tell you who I project to start, could be a dark horse candidate, or maybe the answer is not on the roster currently.

1. CB2- I actually have Flott starting here over McCloud, Robinson, Hawkins, and Phillips.

2. Slot- Currently I have Phillips as my starter in the slot with Belton as the heavy nickel and Mills as the 4th corner in dime packages.

3. Safety- I have Pinnock locked into the FS spot and Nubin penciled in as the SS with Belton being the 3rd while backing up Nubin and Owens backing up Pinnock. I think Mills floats which is why I don't have him listed here.

4. MLB2- Isaiah Simmons, I think our DC finally places Simmons in a starting role with Muassu technically being behind him and McFadden behind Bobby OK

5. LDE- I have Dex and RNR starting, I have Riley taking snaps at LDE until we sign someone to compete with Davidson and Phillips rotating with the 3. I expect 2 signings here.

6. WR lineup- To start the season I don't have Nabers in the starting lineup. I have Slayton X, Wandale slot, Hyatt Z, and McKenzie as the top 4. Daboll has brought every Wr he's drafted in slow and made them earn time. I think that us your top 4 with Nabers taking reps at every position slowly getting sprinkled in.

RB2- We have Singletary, he's the defacto but number 2 is wide open. One of the backs is going to show out in preseason and be that guy and my guess is Miller with Tracy as number 3. I think Gray got in the dog house last season and until he gets out I have to choose someone else.

TE- I am acting like Waller isn't coming back so I am taking Theo Johnson over Bellinger. My reasoning for that is them drafting Bellinger and then after his solid rookie year the trade for Waller, then the next year sign 2 TEs and draft another one. Obviously they don't like what they got with Bellinger and so if Theo shows a spark I look for him to get the nod over Bellinger.

For reference I didn't touch the Oline as I see it as Thomas, Runyan, JMS, Elemeunor, Neal until I see otherwise so there's not much to discuss.
IGood job.

I think you forgot Burns. I also think Nabers is a lock to start. Simmons was used by Wink as a situational pass rusher only. He can't cover but you never know I guess. Flott was overmatched at the boundary spot by bigger WRs. I think they'll give Phillips first shot only because he's bigger and stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 30, 2024, 09:03:10 PMWho Starts? As the roster stands today before we have any camp cuts or additional signings there are several spots up for grabs. I'm going to list the open positions as I see them and tell you who I project to start, could be a dark horse candidate, or maybe the answer is not on the roster currently.

jgrangers2

As of now, here's what I would expect to be the de facto unit.

QB: Daniel Jones
RB: Singletary starting with Gray and Miller as the main backups. Tracy will be used as a gadget player and kick returner
WR: Nabers, Slayton and Hyatt as the outside receivers with Robinson in the slot (can't imagine Nabers isn't the #1 from the get go)
TE: Bellinger as the #1 TE with Johnson as the #2
OL: Thomas, Eleumunor, JMS, Runyan, Neal left to right (Stinnie at LG and Eleumunor at RT if Neal is terrible in camp)
DL: Dex and RNR as the starters with Davidson and Riley rotating in (probably see another late signing ala A'Shawn Robinson last year)
EDGE: Burns and Thibs with Ojulari rotating in on passing downs
LB: Okereke and Mcfadden start (Simmons as a primary backup who mixes in)
CB: Banks and Flott on the outside with Phillips in the slot
S: Nubin and Pinnock (Mills rotates around the secondary)

Trench

I'll say this - I am very intrigued by Elamaneur. He WANTS it as evidence of his social media and his desire to show NY he is all in. An easy guy to root for

londonblue

QB: Jones (if fit)
RB2: situational rotation
WR: Slayton, Nabers, Robinson with Hyatt getting more snaps
TE: Bellinger having lost the 10lb he wrongly tried to add
OL: Thomas Runyan JMS ?tbd? Eluemunor
3T: J Phillips/not yet on roster
ILB2: McFadden backed up by Beavers
S: Pinnock, Nubin with Belton as third S
Slot: A Phillips
CB2: not yet on roster/McCloud
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: gregf on April 30, 2024, 10:14:20 PMNice list J.  I'd be disappointed if Nabers does not get at least half the starting reps at WR from game 1. I like Elumenor at RT. This will be the best competition in camp to watch. I agree that DT depth needs help. I think Bellinger holds the starting TE spot, don't need rookie blocking mistakes. RB#2 will be fun to watch too.

I just hope the new OL coach determines his preferred top 5 early in the pre-season process and lets them play together and achieve some cohesiveness.  That Merry Go Round that Johnson pulled (and Daboll allowed) was criminally negligent OL coaching.  It was a perfect example of why ANY decision is better than no decision.  And it played a big part in why the Giants entered the season completely unprepared to compete.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Puffy

1.  I think Hawkins is CB2.  He showed out last year all camp and then when games began he got overwhelmed. I think, with a year under his belt (because he came from such a small ODU program), he gets that spot.  It's between he and Flott, IMO.

2. Agree that Phillips has inside track.  I will add, though, that if Flott loses out on CB2 then he could factor here as well.

3. Agree with Pinnock and Nubin being starters w/ Belton playing as third "starter"

4. McFadden on 1st and 2nd downs, Simmons on passing downs as MLB2

5. LDE - not on roster yet.  Davidson, Riley and Phillips are backups.  If 1 of them is starter then I think the Giants are in trouble.  Yeah, its only run downs (I think passing downs it's 2 DL and Thibs, Burns, Simmons and Okereke (w/ Ojulari sprinkled in somewhere - maybe Dex and one of the aforementioned have hands on ground as 2nd "DL") but Davidson, Riley, Phillips are definition of depth pieces, IMO.

6. Nabors starts day 1.  Wandale in slot, Hyatt and Slayton fight for 3rd spot. McKenzie backs up slot and last receiver spot comes down to Hodgins, Ford-Wheaton or Boykin (special teams gives him shot). UDFAs on practice squad.

7. I agree it goes Singletary, Miller and Tracy with Gray as 4th.  Tough to predict between Gray and Miller as we have not seen what Turbo can do but I think Gray is limited so Turbo has upper hand for RB2.

8. I think Waller comes back so he is TE1 w/ Bellinger and Theo as 2A and 2B

LennG

If the dc can find the right place for Simmons he could be a true game changer. He is more than a situation type player.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: LennG on May 01, 2024, 03:44:11 PMIf the dc can find the right place for Simmons he could be a true game changer. He is more than a situation type player.

As I said when he was re-signed, finding the right place was a question leading up to the draft and five years later DCs continue the elusive search
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jclayton92

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on May 01, 2024, 09:02:00 PMAs I said when he was re-signed, finding the right place was a question leading up to the draft and five years later DCs continue the elusive search
I think teams have made the mistake of trying him everywhere instead of sticking him somewhere permanently.

Jclayton92

I don't know about anyone else but I expect a good portion of our players on defense to breakout this season.

Guys like Flott, Banks, Thibs, Bobby OK, Pinnock etc simply from having a traditional defense, that caters to their strengths, and isn't overly complex.

Topshelf21

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 01, 2024, 09:06:11 PMI think teams have made the mistake of trying him everywhere instead of sticking him somewhere permanently.

I thought he was the swiss army knife in college or am I mistaken about what I remember about Simmons?!?!