News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo’s Camp Notes 2018

Started by MightyGiants, July 20, 2018, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 07, 2018, 11:07:08 AM
The good stands filled up and some people couldn't get a quality seat

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Are there really any "quality seats"?  The stands are not that high and nearly impossible to see anything on the far fields.  I did not attend this year, but the only alternative is to a) admit less people, thus upsetting more who can't attend or b) closing it to the public altogether.  I guess the could wait to open the parking lot, thus letting traffic build up on the tpke, like what happens on gameday as we get closer 5 hours before kick-off.  Guys who run my tailgate are in line to get in at 4am for a 1pm game.

MightyGiants

Quote from: coggs on August 07, 2018, 12:40:47 PM
Are there really any "quality seats"?  The stands are not that high and nearly impossible to see anything on the far fields.  I did not attend this year, but the only alternative is to a) admit less people, thus upsetting more who can't attend or b) closing it to the public altogether.  I guess the could wait to open the parking lot, thus letting traffic build up on the tpke, like what happens on gameday as we get closer 5 hours before kick-off.  Guys who run my tailgate are in line to get in at 4am for a 1pm game.

One field on any given practice is the "main field".  It's the ones the cameras are focused on.   Get a seat in the stands in front of the main field and visibility is excellent, even better than the beat reporters have.  One good thing the team has done is they no longer use the far field in front of the Quest building on practices open to the public. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

squibber

What is Shane Smith's potential?  Could he be at least an average fullback?

Ed Vette

Quote from: squibber on August 07, 2018, 01:41:10 PM
What is Shane Smith's potential?  Could he be at least an average fullback?

He wasn't impactful last year. Hopefully as we have seen, he will be more effective if utilized properly. I don't see his use as a receiver other than a checkdown. He's a blocker first and foremost.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin