News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo’s Camp Notes 2018

Started by MightyGiants, July 20, 2018, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Rich and I are both concerned about what we saw today from Eric Flowers. It
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

RoadtoGlory

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 28, 2018, 07:29:42 PM
Rich and I are both concerned about what we saw today from Eric Flowers. It
"He who knew no sin became sin so we could become the righteousness of God"  ---https://www.gotquestions.org/how-can-I-be-saved.html

Ed Vette

Quote from: RoadtoGlory on July 28, 2018, 07:51:29 PM
First day in pads for Flowers at a new position so Im not hitting the panic button just yet.....But eyebrows are raised a bit.

I also love the fact that our D brings heat from all over this will really help the OL be battle tested to worst case scenario stuff theyll see in the regular season. I think teams will realize the only way to stop this offense will be not to give Eli time to find our multiple weapons. So our D will help them prepare well for that.
I had the same thoughts.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I forgot to add there what I witnessed what I am pretty sure is a sign of the end of days.   A fan walked by me yesterday with a License Plate Guy t-shirt.   :laugh:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

I thought Flower and Wheeler looked pretty good today.

I thought Eli did well, Webb had a couple of good throws but there were others I was less impressed with.   Lauletta looked pretty good (as does Taney who actually impressed me. 

I watched Engram blocking twice.  Once he got tossed aside like a rag doll by OV (not that OV hasn't been abusing others) and the other he did a nice help block and then peeled off and did a nice second level block

RB Robert Martin from Rutgers has looked impressive

I think part of the reason Engram has looked so good catching passes is Shurmur/Shula are using him better by attacking the middle part of the field.

Solder has a major brace on his right arm protecting his elbow

The weather is perfect and full pads

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Rich

great idea about the Mojo Chronicles, but many here have no idea what this even means. Might you explain this, who Mojo was and about his reports from training camp? We have many new posters who just may not understand the meaning of this.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Martin has been pretty impressive. Keep an eye on him. Evan Engram has been a force in the passing game and I agree with Rich as to how he is used but he
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

@JordanRaanan
1h1 hour ago
More
The Sunday #Daily5:
1. Strong practice for TE Evan Engram. Caught a handful of passes. He's going to be tough to guard. A mismatch vs. most safeties. Eli Manning hit him on one pretty pass deep down the seam for a big gain. #Giants

@JordanRaanan
1h1 hour ago
More
2. Maybe Saquon Barkley and Odell Beckham get involved in KO and punt returns some time during the season when big play is needed? Barkley was among a group that included Sterling Shepard, Wayne Gallman, Cody Latimer and Jawil Davis handling kicks on Sunday. #Daily5 #Giants

@JordanRaanan
1h1 hour ago
More
3. The run game has been slow to materialize early in camp. Defense has proven stout up front in short-yardage and red-zone drills. Third-round pick B.J. Hill looks like a player working alongside Damon Harrison and Dalvin Tomlinson. #Daily5 #Giants

@JordanRaanan
58m58 minutes ago
More
4. Davis Webb's best skill might be his ability to throw on the run. It's impressive. There was one play where he fired a 40-strike rolling right on the $$$ to Khalif Raymond for big gain (if it wasn't a sack). Raymond also had a strong practice for 2nd day in row #Daily5 #Giants

@JordanRaanan
56m56 minutes ago
More
5. CB Donte Deayon had a great leaping INT deep down the left sideline early in practice. He continues to shine. But he later left with some kind of lower leg injury where he grabbed at the back of his leg. Maybe the hammy sniper. #Daily5 #Giants
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Shoelessjoe

Gentlemen, one reason not mention for running a lot of blitz packages at the offense was to get the RB's up to speed on their responsibility to pick up the blitz.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing especially for the number 1 pick.

As for the comments made earlier in the thread about the camps at a college and off site I don't see this happening again.  If you remember they were in camp for a number of weeks with 2 a days being common.  They are now to few official practices with 1 a day and it just doesn't make any sense to pick up the entire operation for so few practices when they have everything right there at their disposal.  It just is not cost effective.  I remember when they would practice at Fairfield, Pace and then Fairleigh Dickinson in NJ.  I don't but some might even remember when they would go to Vermont.  Keep in mind that before they moved to NJ in the 70's they had no permanent home.  They played in the Polo Grounds and then Yankee Stadium and couldn't play in those facilities until after the Baseball season was over including the World Series.  At that time camp was much longer like six weeks or so and they played 6 preseason games which was cut down to 4 when they went from 14 regular season games to 16.

MightyGiants

First, let me tell you that 5 days in a row is too much.   I can't imagine how the players are holding up (Might explain the 2 fights today)

It was overcast and rather comfortable.

I know I posted an article about Webb looking good and I know Pat Traina is high on Webb.  Heck, I was cautiously optimistic about Webb.   That all said, I am not seeing it.   Webb misses by just a little on many of his passes.   That troubles me.     

On the plus side, I think Eli is looking better.   

The guy who has looked pretty impressive has been Lauletta.   Ed has noted that he has really nice footwork.   I think he has a good pocket presence and he has made a fair number of good plays.

One of the fights was caused by OV picking up Gallman on a running play and sort of dumping him on the ground.   Gallman didn't appreciate that and a scrum ensued. 

It looked like Latimore tweaked a quad.   He was being stretched by the training staff and then didn't participate much after that.

I saw Barkley bounce a run outside.   While you don't want him doing that often, it will produce big runs if used judiciously.

Edit to add:  Believe it or not, they had the WRs running a one-handed catch drill
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

gregf

As always. Thanks so much for the reports!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Edit to add:  Believe it or not, they had the WRs running a one-handed catch drill
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

The amount of fans that showed up today was absolutely incredible. They had to double the line and people were still coming in 45 minutes after practice started. This thing really has taken off.

Rich made a good point that these are not the hard core fans of Albany. Mostly families with kids 12 and under looking to get autographs.

They totally mismanaged this thing with the fans. They should be embarrassed.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

The Chief

Thanks for taking the time to bring us up to speed.    =D> =D> =D>