News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Podcast With Patricia Traina

Started by Ed Vette, August 07, 2019, 09:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Thanks to everyone who submitted questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

jimv

TERRIFIC interview!!!!   THANKS, Ed!

Painter

Many thanks for relaying my question to Pat. The only part of her response which surprised me was her suggestion that Jones was having trouble handling pressure. It's not that I doubt her observation, its that it is so contrary to what I have seen in his college game tapes. I am not exaggerating when I say that I never seen a QB face more pressure than Jones did at Duke, and handle it as unflinchingly as he did. He is one tough dude.

As for the batted passes, indeed it was something of an issue last year as he had 12 BPs on the season. Sometimes, he looked like Joe Flacco or Carson Wentz. Is it a tall QB problem? Just kidding. At Duke, it might be attributed to playing behind an overmatched Oline. But, if it is still an issue, it may be related to the length of his windup. That should be correctable.

As for the question of UC vs SG snaps, I wouldn't expect the emphasis to be any different than with Eli at this point or that he would have any sort of problem. However, I agree with Pat that once Jones becomes the starting QB, we will see changes intended to take advantage of his ball handling, mobility and skill as a runner. I can see RPOs and Bash option plays and boots in the future.

While we may see him playing with 11 personnel tonight, I promise you it won't look anything like Cutcliffe's idea of it. Please, no empty sets. And if they should use some 12 or 21, it may be a first ever for him.

With a radio in his helmet, he should have the luxury of getting help from the sideline which he never got at Duke. He was on his own in dealing with odd looks and pressures. I thought he did as well as possible.

In any case, I hope we get a good look at him tonight and that he gives us a good look back.

Thanks again, Ed. You do a really great job as an interlocutor; sounds better than interrogator. ;)

Cheers!

Bob In PA

No need for a "second" but I still want to second all of the nice things Larry said about Ed (and Pat).  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

jimv

Quote from: Bob In PA on August 08, 2019, 04:25:47 PM
No need for a "second" but I still want to second all of the nice things Larry said about Ed (and Pat).  Bob

Two of my favorite people. :yes: :yes:

gregf

Great job Pat and Ed!  Much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Shoelessjoe

Ed, great interview.  You were prepared and as always Pat had good insightful answers.  What sticks in my mind is the statement by Pat that Pat Shurmur has a temper that the public doesn't see.

I do think that when we submit questions we should keep them short and to the point.  At one point Pat had trouble remembering  certain parts of a question because it was too long.

bobalobabingbong

Great interview. Subscribed! Thanks Ed.
- Dan

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."