News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Another memorable list--Movie Character Deaths

Started by LennG, February 28, 2021, 07:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

The most memorable movie character deaths

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/the-most-memorable-movie-character-deaths/ss-BB1bNfFN?ocid=mailsignout

Can't argue with most on this list, just seems as if it could be 50 instead of 25.

Give me till tomorrow to ponder this and I'll come up with several who would be on this list.

While I'm typing I thought of a few right off the bat

Marley (Marley and Me)
The female boxer (Hillary Swank) in Million Dollar Baby (this one really pissed me off)
Sonny Corleone (Godfather)

Any others???
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

OK I thought of a few more

Vincent in Pulp Fiction
John Wayne's character (Sgt Something) in Sands of Iwo Jima (I think that was the movie)
Sean Connery's character (again I forget his name) in The Untouchables
And Old Yeller--Old Yeller
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

BTW, Sonny Corleone WAS on the list.

How about John Wayne in "The Cowboys?"  That was a shocker to me.

Another one: the War Correspondent (can't think of the actor's name right now) in "Objective Burma."

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

I said I would ponder on this one and add a few more

Jenny---Forrest Gump
Bruce Willis--The Sixth Sense
Tom Hanks ( Capt Miller) Saving Pvt Ryan
I just don't remember her name, but the wife in Up (this one really upset me also)
How about HAL --2001

And you can add many guys who played soldiers in so many war movies. It was ALWAYS the guy they wanted you to like and then BOOM, he was shot, blown up, or whatever and he was gone.
The same can be said for many early gangster movies. Gosh Cagney, Bogart, Robinson died so many times that people just got used to it.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Most memorable.....
Like Lenn said, there were a lot of memorable deaths in gangster movies (a favorite genre of mine).
Among the most memorable to me....
James Cagney in The Roaring 20's....what a death scene!
Cagney again in White Heat..."Top of the world, Ma!"
And once again in "Public Enemy"
Edward G. Robinson in Little Ceasar if only for the famous line..."Mother of Mercy, is this the end of Rico?"
Non gangster related, I remember the shock I felt when I finally realized Bruce Willis had been dead for most of the Sixth Sense.

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

GIANTS1

i remember being surprised when Steven Seagall bought the farm so early in Executive Decision.