News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT- MLB has moved All Star Game out of Atlanta

Started by Painter, April 02, 2021, 04:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babywhales

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 05, 2021, 08:56:46 AM
There is something amusingly ironic about the fact that many people seem to want politics directly injected into sports, but god forbid anyone discusses politics in an internet chat room of all places. That of course is strictly off limits.

Since you are new to the board you are not aware that it has been tried over and over again and ends the same way every time, I giant xxxx show with members leaving and huge messes to clean up.

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

GiantsRevival2

Quote from: PSUBeirut on April 05, 2021, 08:53:38 AM
I see a lot of bemoaning about keeping politics out of sports by people on a sports forum talking about a whole lot of politics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It

babywhales

Slugs- just because you don't understand something does not mean it is not true.

DaveBrown- this page had its own political section for years. the rules we have in place evolved because of what occurred when politics could be discussed.

Giatnsrevival - Welcome to the board, you seem to be throwing xxxx against the wall to see what sticks.  Clean up your content and delivery or i will.
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: GiantsRevival2 on April 04, 2021, 07:22:01 PM
Wrong the lawyers had to retract their statements because they we pressured to do so.  If they didn

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: babywhales on April 05, 2021, 09:11:29 AM
Slugs- just because you don't understand something does not mean it is not true.

DaveBrown- this page had its own political section for years. the rules we have in place evolved because of what occurred when politics could be discussed.

Giatnsrevival - Welcome to the board, you seem to be throwing xxxx against the wall to see what sticks.  Clean up your content and delivery or i will.
Baby

What don

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 05, 2021, 09:14:37 AM
I read what you posted, but it doesn't explain or even attempt to explain Georgia's anti-voting laws.   If you are going to make major and massive changes in very important laws, there should be reasonable and easy to explain motives as to why.   The fact that you are unable to produce such an explanation, even a poor one, is very very damning.
Again please prove how they are anti voting and if you read the PBS article it states what the laws changed and shows how it expanded voting.

I have still yet to see how ANYONE has shown or proven its anti-voting other than just saying it.  The laws as written show the contrary. 

They have more early voting days than NY or NJ.  The laws as written in Ga give the Ga people more flexibility in voting than both Ny and NJ (both Democratic states) do.

I don

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on April 05, 2021, 09:21:54 AM
Again please prove how they are anti voting and if you read the PBS article it states what the laws changed and shows how it expanded voting.

I have still yet to see how ANYONE has shown or proven its anti-voting other than just saying it.  The laws as written show the contrary. 

They have more early voting days than NY or NJ.  The laws as written in Ga give the Ga people more flexibility in voting than both Ny and NJ (both Democratic states) do.

I don
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

babywhales

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 05, 2021, 08:14:55 AM
I had under 24 hours, so I lost my bet on this, but I think it's time for the Mods to kill this thread.

Noted, no one missed your first declaration

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 05, 2021, 09:29:53 AM
Paul,

I don't know if you realize, but the logical and honest approach to looking at Georgia's anti-voter laws is to compare it to the laws before the bill.  It's beyond illogical (and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not attempting to mislead) to compare Georgia's laws in other states.   So compare the change, don't compare to other states.

I am still waiting for the motive/reason for these laws, as the clear to anyone willing to look at them fairly and without bias can see they are intended to make it harder for minorities to vote and give the Republicans a a huge an un-American advantage in future elections (and failing that they will simply vote to overturn the will of the people)
Rich

You are correct I am not looking to mislead but to help get proper information out.

I am using other states just to show how the law has opened up more days and opportunities.  Again did you read the PBS article and see how the law has expanded voting, set parameters for drop boxes that there was never a law for and allows mail in voting with ZERO reason needed to be given?

Why was this changed, it

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

babywhales

GiantsRevival2

Quote from: babywhales on April 05, 2021, 10:21:27 AM

Your kidding me right?  I spoke to your content and delivery.  You speak in partisan genialized talking points with zero substance.  You have invoked more side issues inot this thread than anyone.  You failed to stay on topic, i.e. All Star game and Election laws. 

Then you invoke Cancel Culture? Seriously?  Save your generalized partisan crap from someone else. You have posted more unsubstantiated crap in this thread then I have time to address.  While I drink my first cup of coffee I will discuss the idea of cancel culture as you seem to be using the term so frequently.

Cancel Culture is not a party issue or an ideological issue.  Its a cultural one that has afflicted all in our country for sometime. Republicans are just as guilty as anyone else.  Not more than, not less than, but just as much. this has been true for sometime, not just recently.

This goes back in our nations history to using courts to close down papers such as The True American during the Civil War.   more of the same,  moving forward using the courts to quit those opposed to the WW1 calling it Anti War Speech, lets jump forward another 30 years and McCarthy's red witch hunt, using the US State Department to revoke passports of those who have political speech they do not like,  etc...  To even try to claim that this is a liberal or democratic issue is disingenuous.

A large minority, if not a majority of republicans are all in on cancel culture like anyone else these days.

Current cries in the past week to boycott the MLB, the past cries to boycott the NFL, the national attmept to boycott Walmart when they isued nationwide mask  requirements(as if rural republicans could ever not enter a Walmart), boycott any celebrity who speaks who is not Ted Nugent, Scott Baio, etc, etc. 

In a matter related to this very thread when the election didn't go their way they tried to have millions of votes thrown out with no evidence.  Votes in Republican states, overseen by republican officials yet them tried to imply fowl play with no evidence.  Conservative State Supreme Courts through out cases when they asked for evidence and non could be produced.  Rudy, in front of a federal judge, when asked do you have evidence to support his damming claims, stated " No, it is not a fraud case"  then went and made more public claims to manipulate his base.

Marjorie Greene fully supported Trump when he was tweeting for support to cancel the NFL saying he Colin was a "destructive vocal influencer"  but then didn't like it when she herself was attacked " You shouldn't have to stop speaking the truth and posting about your political beliefs in order to continue your work"

Matt Gaetz trying to cancel out Chaney because he didn't like her vote against Trump. Maybe he is wishing he was not the political celebrity he so desperately tried to become.

CPAC's announcement to remove the 17 GOP members of Congress who voted against Trump.
Arizonia's attempt to let the GOP state legislature to pick the president and not the votes in the election.

Spare me the notion that hypocrisy is a party issue. Both sides can be barely finish one comment before they contradict it with their next comment. 

Unless of course the claims are made in an echo chamber and then the circle jerk that follows is self serving. Which after all is the point today, is it not?

Its a sign of the times for all no doubt; nevertheless, it certainly seems when they are doing the cancelling they are all for it. When it is against them they cry and complain. 

The end result is the overuse of the word to the point it had little to no definition and less value outside of a rally cry for those who don't understand it and/or can't recognize the irony of their draw to it.

Republicans do not use cancel culture like the Dems. Sure they use it too. But it