News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

100 Best Crime Dramas

Started by ozzie, April 09, 2021, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

To go along with some of the other lists that have been posted, here's one of "The 100 Best Crime Movies"
I haven't even come close to seeing them all and there are a LOT I have never even heard of and some I wouldn't categorize as "Crime Movies" (West Side Story),
but here it is. Just for something else to discuss...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/100-best-crime-movies-of-all-time/ss-BB1b8ts6?li=BBnb2gh#image=20
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

jimv

Right off the top of my head, I think it's a lousy list.  But, having said that, I don't know what the author's definition of a "crime movie" is.

ozzie

I agree with you, Jim. His definition of a "Crime Movie" is kind of hazy to me.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

On looking over that list, I am completely baffled by what a 'crime' is. Some movies, yes, I can put into that category, but others, I just don't know. I can definitely see Goodfellas as that whole movie is about a crime, but 'On The Waterfront where is the crime, and West Side Story, is a gang fight a crime?

AND where are all the GREAT 'crime' movies of Film Noir, like The Maltese Falcon, The Postman Always Rings Twice and so many more.  Just one of the most ridiculous lists I have ever seen about a certain genre of movies.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss