News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The BBH/Big Hitter's Corner Draft Podcast w/UKGiantsfans: Offense

Started by bighitterdalama, April 26, 2021, 09:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

Hi guys!

I've been away a while, been busy, but I am back. As with all of us, I am in big for the draft starting Thursday. Today, I cut a podcast with our very own BBH draft analyst: Ceri Dovey, aka UKGiantsfans. On the podcast, Ceri discusses offensive players who might be good fits for the Giants, with a heavy emphasis on interior linemen and wide receivers. The cast runs 28:34. Check it out and enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/user-826565332/ceri-2021-nfl-draft-mixdown-mixdown-1

Bob In PA

Brian and Ceri: One of your best ever. Thanks for doing this.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Painter

No one is better informed or more thoughtful than Ceri. If I wasn't in, or very close to being in lockstep with him, I'd start to worry. Listening to what he thinks and says about the offense, I'm not worried. That said, whether at 11 or 42, they have to add talent to the Oline which is the load bearing wall over and in front of the Jones- Barkley House.

Cheers!

UKGiantsFan

One of these years Brian's gonna spell my surname right  =))

Bob In PA

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 27, 2021, 02:50:17 AM
One of these years Brian's gonna spell my surname right  =))
Ceri:  =)) =)) =))
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Blue Fire

From the podcast at about 7 minute mark:

Booker came from an offense that ran zone 73% of the time. Hernandez is probably a better zone Guard than power gap Guard. In 2019 when we had Barkley for more of the year we ran zone 63% of the time. Barkley is clearly a zone player. It looks like Booker is probably more suited for Zone as well. There were rumors that Garrett's/Giants intention was to be a heavy outside ZBS with Barkley as our main RB. They switched over to more power gap when Barkley was out and when Lemieux (a better power gap run blocker was forced into action).

All these variables above lead me to believe strongly we will be trying to go back to the outside ZBS scheme next year with Hernandez back as the starter (unless he plays poorly in preseason/camps). Lemiuex as a 5th rounder may be back up OC or OG. Fulton may be better suited to play ZBS though I am unsure. He had an off year last year but that entire team was a dumpster fire. Apparently they really like Murphy too.

As Ceri alluded to the RG needs to be the better pass pro guy (due to more 1 on 1s and shifts of protections) and Hernandez is clearly the better pass pro guy of the 2 of Lemiuex and Will. However is Hernandez good enough at pass pro to also play RG or is he strictly better off at LG? My personal opinion is he may be a bit exposed at RG so we should leave him at LG. Moves Gates over to RG (he is the most athletic of our IOL options and his skillset IMO would fit well there) then have Lemieux as your OC (it would mask his pass pro deficiencies better and highlight his strengths more). Or keep Gates at OC but make sure to draft a high level RG that can compete for the position.

But if you want your line to have the most experience and have players that all have now at least 1 season of NFL action under their belt the ideal line up likely to me is:

LT Thomas/Solder
LG Hernendez
C Lemiuex
RG Gates
RT Peart/Solder

With depth chart kind of looking like:

LT Thomas/Solder
LG Hernendez/Rd3-4 Draft pick
C Lemiuex/Gates/Harrison
RG Gates/Fulton/Murphy/Rd 3-4 Draft pick
RT Peart/Solder

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Blue Fire

Past the 10 minute mark Ceri goes in great details on the options:

Assuming we don't go OL round 1......

Guys with potential NFL versatility:
Leatherwood,Radunz,Eichenburg, Carman, Brady Christian all great candidates for RG (or LG potentially IMO depending on how we shuffle the line)

Guys who are more pure OGs Trey Smith (how is the medical), Meinerz (may be more a power gap guy though but a great option if we go more power gap stuff) doesn't love Brown or Banks (which I agree with , too slow footed)

We are almost in 100% agreement on the guys that are ideal fits here!

Good info on Robert Hainsey. Rob Sale connection and was featured on that Giant next life video on youtube from Giants.com

Sounds like a Giants type pick based at what UK is saying (76 or rd. 4 though).

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MP21WAYS2PAY

This was a really excellent podcast you guys put together, I loved the note on Robert Sale working with Notre Dame OL. 

If anyone is looking for some pre draft entertainment this a fast-paced and insightful listen.