News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Assault on Democracy

Started by katkavage, May 06, 2021, 11:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 08, 2021, 11:09:20 AM
Rich: Don't change the subject. Bob

How am I changing the subject?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 08, 2021, 11:23:46 AM
How am I changing the subject?
Rich: You're not.  Neither was I.  LOL
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 08, 2021, 11:36:49 AM
Rich:  .... and I'm truly troubled that you are willing to stay silent while the Democrats destroy our country.   Query: what purpose do posts like this one and your last one serve?  Proposed answer: none at all.  Bob

Bob,

Bob,

Your purpose is to normalize the horrible actions of the GOP.   That
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 08, 2021, 09:28:05 AM
Rich: OK, in the interest of avoiding further deliberation on THAT, I'll address the original post. 

There was a time the Republican party stood up for democracy. No more.  This is just political pap.  Meaningless.  Both sides say the same about each other EVERY DAY. 

They are a clear minority in terms of numbers and that has them in a panic mode.  In case you don't know, the Democrats are also a minority. Numbers of independents grow daily.  There is no majority party.

So they align themselves with a man who is a habitual liar and abandon their core principles. This also applies to Joe Biden.  If you can't see how or why, then you are a lost cause, a victim of the mainstream media.

And now they are trying to limit voting access....  They ARE trying to limit voting access... by dead people, non-citizens, people who vote more than once, and anyone else not entitled to vote.

It is apparent, they no longer believe in democracy. Sad and a very danger to the future of our country.  More pap.  Meaningless. You watch too much TV.

Bob

Bob, you are smooth. Were/are you a salesman? Because you do know how to try to sell. No matter if what you are selling his junk.

Limiting voting rights because of bogus allegations spread by propaganda media like Fox and Newmax that dead people are voting is absurd. You know very well why they are limiting access to voting for many. Don't even go there, Bob. You are "watching too much TV."

When is the last time a Republican won the popular vote to the White House. Almost 20 years now. And the gap is growing. Independents are closer aligned to democrats thanks to the silly social wars the Republicans continue to press proving they are a thing of the past.

Did I miss something. Joe Biden lied about an election? He led his followers to storm the U.S. Capital. Guess I missed that.

When you try to limit democracy; when you care more about allegiance to a man than to principles, you are going against what the founders envisioned about America. Sad but true. Thankfully I don't have to watch much TV, at least political, these days with the lunatic tweets stifled.

Bob In PA

Limiting voting rights because of bogus allegations spread by propaganda media like Fox and Newmax that dead people are voting is absurd. You know very well why they are limiting access to voting for many. Don't even go there, Bob. You are "watching too much TV."

kat: I appreciate your detailed response.  First, LOL, I only watch TV to see movies, and never watch political opinion shows that are slanted toward (or against) one of the political parties. I'm not a member of a political party and would never give either of them a cent. Second, not all allegations of vote fraud are bogus. I have first-hand knowledge of some "very bad stuff" happening on election day (ever since I was a kid). Dead people vote in every election around here and where I used to live. You are correct that some people want to limit voter access for wrong or bad reasons. I'm not in favor of that, but still favor cleaning up the voter rolls so the dead, non-citizens & other cheaters cannot participate. I support the movement to allow the maximum number of legitimate voters to vote, but believe reasonable proof of identity should be required to ensure that no one votes twice, or in two different states, or on behalf of another person. I daresay that virtually every person you are afraid might not get to vote if we require voter ID has a Social Security number, so IMO we should assign a special voter ID number to every person registered with the Social Security Administration. They would put that special number on their absentee ballot or submit it to the poll workers when voting in person.

When is the last time a Republican won the popular vote to the White House. Almost 20 years now. And the gap is growing. Independents are closer aligned to democrats thanks to the silly social wars the Republicans continue to press proving they are a thing of the past.

Good point. I believe that you believe that Independents support your views, but none of the independents I know do. Also, both sides engage in silly social wars no voter on either side appreciates, including me.

Did I miss something. Joe Biden lied about an election? He led his followers to storm the U.S. Capital. Guess I missed that.

Nice try. I didn't say Biden lied about the election. The last thing cheating politicians do is tell the candidate that they cheated in order to get him elected. My point was... I can't name one national politician who is not a liar. Can you?

When you try to limit democracy; when you care more about allegiance to a man than to principles, you are going against what the founders envisioned about America. Sad but true. Thankfully I don't have to watch much TV, at least political, these days with the lunatic tweets stifled.

First, I support the President of the United States. I supported Trump, and now I support Biden, but my allegiance to NEITHER man is blind. I think it's my duty as a voter to question every move the President makes, so I do. Second, I don't know anyone (other than family members and a few close friends) who has blind allegiance to a specific politician. You probably don't either. IMO, people who do are likely not worth knowing.

Bob

NapoleonBlownapart

Folks - I just want to take a moment and say "thank you" for allowing me to post here.

I will not talk politics with anyone here, yet I will talk sports/entertainment/science and other fun subjects all day.  I learned 20 or so years ago on Giants.com that politics and these sports boards do not make good bedfellows. it skewed the way I conversed with certain posters when trying to talk about the NYG's. 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: NapoleonBlownapart on May 08, 2021, 09:44:01 PM
Folks - I just want to take a moment and say "thank you" for allowing me to post here.

I will not talk politics with anyone here, yet I will talk sports/entertainment/science and other fun subjects all day.  I learned 20 or so years ago on Giants.com that politics and these sports boards do not make good bedfellows. it skewed the way I conversed with certain posters when trying to talk about the NYG's.

Admittedly I probably was not part of this forum when the major problems with talking politics supposedly occurred, but I honestly don't see why it is such a big deal. Anyone who doesn't want to do it can just avoid the threads. Seems simple enough to me. I definitely don't think overtly political threads should be in Big Blue Huddle, the same way I don't think a thread about favorite restaurants or movies should be in BBH, but in the Front Porch it seems fine to me. Again, if it bothers anyone, just don't participate. I don't get why that is so problematic myself.

In any event, it seems like there have been multiple political threads in the Front Porch over the past month or so, and I personally have not seen any big problem.

katkavage

Bob and I are having a discussion here. Though he did insult me for watching too much TV. I won't behead him for that. We are adults. We can handle our disagreements.

Bob In PA

Some people can do it, some people can't.  I don't hold it against anyone. And I understand those who can't, even though I can, but I agree that anyone who can't, shouldn't.  Bob