News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Another list--30 greatest actors of all time

Started by LennG, July 11, 2021, 06:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on July 20, 2021, 08:03:44 PM
Agree completely. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Again, no ofre3nse to either of these actors, and I enjoy most of their movies and roles.

I would agree that Pitt has tried to expand his resume a lot more than say Cruise and has earned the respect of many in and out of Hollywood.

I think that is a good point. Cruise seems more inclined to put out the big box office, franchise, popcorn stuff than Pitt, who does seem to take more chances. Still, Cruise has some pretty acclaimed, serious roles under his belt though. Born on the Fourth of July, Rain Man, Magnolia, Eyes Wide Shut, etc. It's not like he's completely incapable of those more serious movies.

LennG

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 21, 2021, 03:00:31 AM
I think that is a good point. Cruise seems more inclined to put out the big box office, franchise, popcorn stuff than Pitt, who does seem to take more chances. Still, Cruise has some pretty acclaimed, serious roles under his belt though. Born on the Fourth of July, Rain Man, Magnolia, Eyes Wide Shut, etc. It's not like he's completely incapable of those more serious movies.

LOVED Rain Man. Cruise was good in this movie, but so overshadowed by Hoffman.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on July 21, 2021, 07:36:12 PM
LOVED Rain Man. Cruise was good in this movie, but so overshadowed by Hoffman.

Absolutely. Hoffman stole the show in that. But I thought Cruise played his role impeccably as well. It wasn't nearly as difficult a role, but it was still a very strong performance.

Born on the Fourth of July was not an easy role, and he was very good in that too.

But overall I do agree that Pitt has probably exhibited a bit more range and more of a willingness to do edgier, less mainstream type films.

GIANTS1

this list is nuts. jimmy cagney not in top 30. madness

LennG

Quote from: GIANTS1 on July 30, 2021, 07:35:36 AM
this list is nuts. jimmy cagney not in top 30. madness

Ha, you are showing your age.   :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss