News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH would like to thank Ralph Vacchiano

Started by MightyGiants, August 03, 2008, 08:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Ralph was nice enough to pay us a visit at the BBH BBQ.   What a nice guy!  He spent a few hours talking football and the Giants with us.   He is a great Giants fan and he kept us captivated with his stories and insights.   

So Ralph on behalf of BBH I want to extend our deepest gratitude. 

Also for all you BBHers it would hurt to show your support by considering buying his new book.  It comes out Sept 25th and it's called: Eli Manning and the Making of a Quarterback: The Incredible Rise of the New York Giants
Here is the link to Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Eli-Manning-Making-Quarterback-Incredible/dp/1602393176/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217810885&sr=1-2

You can also visit his blog here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/

You can comment on his blogs and ask questions.  I can tell you from personal experience, that he will make every effort to respond to him.   

If anyone wants Ralph's email, just PM me

Again thanks Ralph Vacchiano
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

RemembersHuff

We've been very lucky re: invited guests at the BBQ, all have been very gracious, personable, interesting and entertaining.

Ralph V. was all of that. IMO, hearing him talk about the Giants is just like reading his stuff: no sensationalizing, no ax to grind with players or management, just a guy who really enjoys football and cares about fairness and accuracy.

Very nice of him to spend so much time with us and offer so many excellent insights as he patiently answered question after question.

LennG

Ralph

Glad you were able to find us because I didn't hear my cell phone ringing. Believe me when I say everyone there thoroughly enjoyed your presence and your keep insight into the Giants, and even some of their future plans.

Next time come hungry though.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Words simply cannot express our appreciation.

PS Hope to see you wearing our BBH T-Shirt around camp.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I sent Ralph a thank you email, this was his reply:

QuoteRich,
It was my pleasure. And thank you, and the rest of the group, for the invitation and for the hospitality. I had a great time chatting with everyone. You all have a lot of passion about your team -- that's very obvious -- and that makes my job seem worthwhile.

Hopefully we can do it again next year. I had a lot of fun. Maybe we'll even have another Super Bowl championship to discuss (Hopefully this time, though, I won't be stupid enough to pick them to go 7-9).

Thanks again!

Ralph Vacchiano
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

vette5573

I would also like to extend thanks and appreciation to Ralph. I was able to get some insight into his job and the pressures that go along with the territory. Out of all the writers that cover he Giants, I always considered him to be a man of integrity as far as the responsibilities to the job allow.

After meeting the man I will tell you this, Ralph would never do anything to stretch the truth and hurt the team. He will report it as he sees it and at least try to have a reliable source.

He's an articulate, and bright man who was able to keep up with the bunch of us and captivate our attention. It was truly a pleasure to meet him and spend time with him talking in a Round Table forum about Giants Football.

Ralph, if you're reading this, you have some friends on your side here. If you ever want to bounce something off us here privately, just PM Rich, one of the Admin's or myself and we will do whatever we can to follow up with confidentiality.

Tip of the cap to you.

Ed

Shoelessjoe

I too would like to thank you Ralph for your time.  I totally enjoyed every minute.

montanagiant

Ralph has always been the best out of the beat writers to discus counter viewpoints. I got into with him over Eli and when all said and done, Ralph was a stand up guy about it all

terrymeisner

I am back in Canada now and I would also like to express my thanks to Ralph. He was very entertaining, candid, and personable.  It made the bbq that much better.

LennG

I, also received a very nice thank you from Ralph. I guess, I was the one who originally contacted him, so it was very nice of him to send several people thank you notes. He is one classy guy.
I told him he must come hungry next time.

I don't know if it was mentioned, but we did present Ralph with an official BBH T-Shirt. Hopefully he'll be wearing it as he writes about our Giants.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

drakew

The softspoken, darkly handsome man in the blue GIANTS tie sips his Royal Winten cafe-au-lait here at the bbs cafe, and pounds the table with his fist "Hear! Hear! Mr. Vacchiano, thanks for the gracious insight, the time from your busy day, I felt right at home and comfortable, and apologize if I interrupted anyone or was a loud mouth. Way to go!"
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

giantsguy

What a great guy and real gentleman.  He sold a lot of books on Sunday for sure !!
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!