News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Farmer Born in 1842 Talks About Life and Change: Filmed in 1929

Started by MightyGiants, October 07, 2021, 03:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

When I was born we didn't have color TV's, Dryers, Satellites and space travel, Interstate highways, Cell phones, laptops and the internet... Imagine what changes will take place in technology 50 years from now. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

I was born we didn't have any TV, party-line phone, and we had ice delivered once a week for our icebox. Seriously  :yes: :yes: :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Bill Maher's guest last night was an author who wrote a book about how much better off we are as compared to years past in so many things that go unnoticed as they have slowly developed over time and the Media always keying in on bad events. The interview was right after his monologue.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 09, 2021, 11:03:33 AM
Bill Maher's guest last night was an author who wrote a book about how much better off we are as compared to years past in so many things that go unnoticed as they have slowly developed over time and the Media always keying in on bad events. The interview was right after his monologue.

I many ways, life may be better today but that would be in terms of what you feel matters the most. Health and convenience are much better off today, but a different way of life 'back in the day' was also important, things like family togetherness, simpler lifestyles, less traffic and to me, a lot fewer choices about things.

Again, depending on how you look at it---- like TV. We had maybe 5-10 stations and we were happy with that. Now we have more stations than we know what to do with and most complain there isn't much worth watching anyway. I have a smartphone now but couldn't care less. I don't need to post every meal I eat on Facebook, I don't need to read about other peoples day to day things which most feel the world wants to know and I don't need my face all over the internet bragging about every little thing in my life. I watch movies old and new. But movies today are just too graphic for me many times. In older movies, we knew when someone was shot, killed and they didn't have to show their guts oozing out. In the past a guy was taken off-screen, you heard a shot and you knew he was dead. I still prefer it that way.

I know many things are better today, but for myself, I prefer simpler times.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss