News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

I got it on the third

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Interesting word today.

Got it on 4 with a completely lucky guess. I was just trying to position letters and it came out correct.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: LennG on March 08, 2022, 01:39:58 PM
Interesting word today.

Got it on 4 with a completely lucky guess. I was just trying to position letters and it came out correct.

In hindsight a simple word, but like you, I struggled.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Instead of running through my usual 3 words I tried a guess after 2 and as a result, I almost missed today's word (I got in on my last guess)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Took me 5 today. A lot of words with only one vowel lately.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Wordle 263 4/6

🟨🟩🟨
🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Birdie today, finally. First in a while.

Bill Brown

Win streak ended today at 44. First time since I started this game I didn't get the word.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

DaveBrown74

Quote from: ps11yat14 on March 11, 2022, 06:21:35 AM
Win streak ended today at 44. First time since I started this game I didn't get the word.

Bill

That's a good run.

Ed Vette

Quote from: ps11yat14 on March 11, 2022, 06:21:35 AM

Bill
I missed it too Bill.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I am surprised you guys missed it.  It took me an extra guess because I had two equally valid words (varied by one letter which was both free) it could be, but it didn't seem that difficult.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 11, 2022, 08:57:42 AM
I am surprised you guys missed it.  It took me an extra guess because I had two equally valid words (varied by one letter which was both free) it could be, but it didn't seem that difficult.

There are at least three words with a different first letter than the correct one and they are all valid and common words. I got all three of them.  :crazy:
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 11, 2022, 10:20:42 AM
There are at least three words with a different first letter than the correct one and they are all valid and common words. I got all three of them.  :crazy:

my 3 guess words are:

Horse
Paint
Bulky

So that ruled out 4 potential works
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

I thought I had it with Batch but missed it. Got it in 5 though

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I had to focus on today over the weekend, but today's work was tricky (not that the weekend words didn't challenge me but after the 3-word guesses, I just had to puzzle them out).  Today's word sort of scared me as I though as is was obscure enough that it couldn't possibly be the answer (and I only had one guess left after that guess)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE