News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The 25 greatest characters from Quentin Tarantino films

Started by LennG, February 25, 2022, 05:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

If you are not a fan of Quentin Tarintino then just skip over this thread.

If you ARE a fan, as I am, then take a look at some of his memorable characters and, I'm sure, there are several more not mentioned.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/the-25-greatest-characters-from-quentin-tarantino-films/ss-AAIT6nz?ocid=msedgntp
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Interesting rankings. For me, I would have ranked the Reservoir Dogs main characters higher. In particular, I thought Mr. White (Keitel) and Mr. Pink (Buscemi) were superb. Mr. Blonde (Madsen) was also terrific - what a complete psycho.

Pulp Fiction is my favorite Tarrantino movie ever, but Reservoir Dogs was not far behind for me. Some of those scenes with Buscemi and Keitel arguing with each other while Tim Roth is slowly dying in a pool of his own blood were just pure cinematic gold.

LennG

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 25, 2022, 07:38:38 PM
Interesting rankings. For me, I would have ranked the Reservoir Dogs main characters higher. In particular, I thought Mr. White (Keitel) and Mr. Pink (Buscemi) were superb. Mr. Blonde (Madsen) was also terrific - what a complete psycho.

Pulp Fiction is my favorite Tarrantino movie ever, but Reservoir Dogs was not far behind for me. Some of those scenes with Buscemi and Keitel arguing with each other while Tim Roth is slowly dying in a pool of his own blood were just pure cinematic gold.

Myself, I loved the Kill Bill epic, Funny, I am not a fan of blood and gore type of movies, but my son told me that it is all sort of 'Hollywood' blood, so fake it is almost laughable, so I watched both movies and simply loved them both. Whenever I come across them while scrolling thru the channels I always stop for a while and enjoy.

I would agree though that Pulp Fiction has to be his #1 epic and made stars of Travolta, Jackson and even Tim Roth all over again. What a terrific cast and I do agree with the link, Keitel was just terrific in his limited role.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimmyz

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is very underrated to me. 

The characters that inhabit Tarantino
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

DaveBrown74

Quote from: jimmyz on February 26, 2022, 12:49:41 PM
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is very underrated to me. 

The characters that inhabit Tarantino

LennG

Pitt won Best Supporting Actor for this movie and he deserved it. Great performance. Loved when he took on Bruce Lee.

I would add more but since you haven't seen it, I won't spoil any of it for you.

Charlie Weiss

T200

What I really love the most about QT's movies is the dialogue between the characters. Nothing is rushed or forced. It's easy to get attached to the characters because they share so much of themselves. I especially loved the opening scene of Inglorious Bastards with Kristoff Waltz going to the cabin.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on February 28, 2022, 08:16:12 AM
What I really love the most about QT's movies is the dialogue between the characters. Nothing is rushed or forced. It's easy to get attached to the characters because they share so much of themselves. I especially loved the opening scene of Inglorious Bastards with Kristoff Waltz going to the cabin.

Completely agree about the dialogue. It's one thing to have great characters. That is hugely important by itself. But making them interact in an incredibly entertaining or thought-provoking way takes it to a different level. The dialogue in Reservoir Dogs is up there in anything I've ever seen. The scenes between Buscemi and Keitel... the scene early in the movie in the diner when they're talking about tipping, some of the stuff with Madsen and Chris Penn, etc. Just brilliant. To me that was up there with movies like Glengarry Glenn Ross. Pulp Fiction was the same. Great characters and great dialogue. Pulp Fiction also had incredible scenes in it that went beyond just the dialogue. For me those two movies were QT's best. It's not to say I didn't like the others, because I did, but IMO nothing held a candle to those two. Which is saying a lot because movies like Jackie Brown were outstanding in their own right.

LennG

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on February 28, 2022, 08:57:05 PM
Since we are talking Pulp Fiction. try this on for size

Do you know all of these?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/20-facts-you-might-not-know-about-pulp-fiction/ss-AAL7dg8?ocid=msedgntp#image=1

I definitely did not. Some good tidbits in there. I knew a few like the one about the Bible passage not being accurate, but many I did not.